Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Explosion in Texas!!! Update:video!

A fertilizer plant exploded tonight and the reports I'm seeing is saying as many as 10 buildings are on fire.
People are saying they thought it was an earthquake because they felt it from 40 miles away.
Many surrounding areas are sending their first responders to help with the fires and injured but there hasn't been any confirmations on fatalities or number of injured.

Thoughts and prayers for the people of West!

If anyone has any updates please post them.

EDIT:
http://kwkt.com/news/caught-camera-fertilizer-plant-explosion-near-waco

Sorry. I don't know how to make it clicky.

Update:
The director of West EMS is confirming that he believes 60-70 dead and hundreds injured- KWTX News 10.

Update 2:
Just confirmed that 2 children were transported to McLanes children's hospital in Temple.

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR UPDATES ON HERE WHEN YOU HAVE THEM.
I'm sure more information will come out in the morning and we'd all like to know what is happening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Hi! I was a cafemom veteran until I created an new profile. lol. Just checked out your profile and I love your song choices :)

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I live in burleson!! Hi :D

Quoting Anonymous:

My cousin felt it in Waxahacie. I live in Burleson and didn't feel a thing. I just heard that the middle school is gone. We use to live in Corpus.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Lol I've wanted to create a new profile for a while, but I don't want to lose everything. I haven't met someone else from burleson on here before. You should pm me :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hi! I was a cafemom veteran until I created an new profile. lol. Just checked out your profile and I love your song choices :)

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I live in burleson!! Hi :D

Quoting Anonymous:

My cousin felt it in Waxahacie. I live in Burleson and didn't feel a thing. I just heard that the middle school is gone. We use to live in Corpus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lendales_mommi
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:53 AM

LOL only on CM:) I stick by my comments Thank you......no need to call me a BITCH!!!!

Quoting AshleySail:

Quit being a judgemental bitch. And there was no need to comment on their parenting style. He may not have known how explosive it was. . I didn't until today

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Yea it must have been the accent LOL Almost forgot what a TEXANsounds like.....LOL

Either way not a good parenting deciosion....

Quoting MissTacoBell:

He said "it should collapse" not "it should blast"

They were just filming the fire because they saw it burning while on the road.

They were well safe back for a regular fire.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

The dad knew it was going to blast and was that close what an IDIOT sorry bits the truth!!!!!!!!

You can hear him"it should blast....LIKE WTF!!!!!

lendales_mommi
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Correct I am from OK so i know how explosive fetilizer is and if he lives in a town where one is he should know too...either way sad story... bad parenting decision...if people dont know how bombs are made by now they should do some research about Timothy McVeigh.

Quoting jjchick75:

I never thought of people not knowing how dangerous this stuff is after what happened in OKC at the Murry building. Before that I knew it was dangerous but I didn't realize it was that explosive. But my guess is living in a town with a large fertilizer plant he probably knew. Not to mention they were already trying to evacuate people because they were afraid it would explode. As I said he might not have thought it would be that big but in my opinion it was not a wise decision to take a child that close to it. We all do things with our kids that are not wise at one point or another and I'm just saying this is one of those in my opinion. 

Quoting AshleySail:

Quit being a judgemental bitch. And there was no need to comment on their parenting style. He may not have known how explosive it was. . I didn't until today

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Yea it must have been the accent LOL Almost forgot what a TEXANsounds like.....LOL

Either way not a good parenting deciosion....

Quoting MissTacoBell:

He said "it should collapse" not "it should blast"

They were just filming the fire because they saw it burning while on the road.

They were well safe back for a regular fire.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

The dad knew it was going to blast and was that close what an IDIOT sorry bits the truth!!!!!!!!

You can hear him"it should blast....LIKE WTF!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Just tried to watch it, said its been removed. It's not just my phone is it? Can somebody check plz

Quoting cateringtomel:

Thanks for posting I'm mobile! Yes they did. How scary!

Quoting nickellmomof2:

I just saw that on FB this morning, what a moron that dad is!  That family had an angel watching over them!

Quoting cateringtomel:

There's a video that a guy was recording when it was on fire well it exploded and it hit them and you can hear his kid daddy I can't hear I can't see please daddy get me out of here I can't hear..it was so sad

.Diddles.
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM

It's removed. From what I have seen they are probably trying to cover stuff up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just tried to watch it, said its been removed. It's not just my phone is it? Can somebody check plz

Quoting cateringtomel:

Quoting nickellmomof2:

I just saw that on FB this morning, what a moron that dad is!  That family had an angel watching over them!

Quoting cateringtomel:

There's a video that a guy was recording when it was on fire well it exploded and it hit them and you can hear his kid daddy I can't hear I can't see please daddy get me out of here I can't hear..it was so sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Damn now I really wish I would have seen it earlier

Quoting .Diddles.:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cateringtomel:

Quoting nickellmomof2:

Quoting cateringtomel:

.Diddles.
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I tried to just go with it being an accident, but from two videos I have seen I see something fly in from the left and then the massive explosion. It does not look like it was the plant exploding. I'm no expert, obviously, but I saw it in more than one video.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting .Diddles.:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cateringtomel:

Quoting nickellmomof2:

Quoting cateringtomel:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting .Diddles.:

I tried to just go with it being an accident, but from two videos I have seen I see something fly in from the left and then the massive explosion. It does not look like it was the plant exploding. I'm no expert, obviously, but I saw it in more than one video.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting .Diddles.:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cateringtomel:

Quoting nickellmomof2:

Quoting cateringtomel:

Too bad that the vid has disappeared. Maybe it is available elsewhere?

As for it being an accident, it sure is a great coincidence that it occurred so near the Waco anniversary and near Waco at that. (They certainly never told the truth about what really went down.)

Now if we find out that a drill was being conducted at the same time (like 9-11, London bombings, Boston marathon, etc) then it will really stink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN