Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im afraid if I name him this, I will ruin every possibility he will ever have in life. *EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 423 Replies
I love the name Lucifer but of course the devils name had to be Lucifer...
-.-
I just like the name, I don't worship the devil! I don't even think I believe in God, Santan, Angels or Demons, so what? I can't use this name because someone decided to use it in a book they wrote for some villian? Even though I have different beliefs others wouldn't agree with me so of course I wouldn't name him that I wouldn't want him to become the "Anti Christ" of our neighborhood. I can see his life ruined because of some simple name. Its an awsome name though!
So I guess what Im going to do is name him after his father and adopt a chihuahua and name him Lucifer.. itll be ironic. Lol
I haven't told anyone in the family but his dad and we both agreed itll be a horrible decision.

What would you do? Would you tell your kids not to hang with the demon child? Look at us like were crazy and satanist? I mean I know most people wouldn't care because its just a name but I can imagine those crazy Christians bashing my kid.

Edit::: When I say CRAZY Christians I mean the ones that take religion to.extremes and are so judgemental not every Christian out there. Sorry about that. About the name, I can only hope that someone out there with the name Lucifer grows up to become someone important with power. Someone who makes a difference in the world, a great human being who does good and makes a significant change in life. Some one with a good heart, that way one day in future generations that name wont be considered a life condemned to negativity but it will be just what it is, a name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucydiamond
by LD on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd name my son Lucifer if that's truly, in my soul, what I wanted to name my son.

Such a simple name holds so much power over so many. 

BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah. Definitely not. lol.

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
29 moms liked this

buy a motherfucking chihuahua.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
8 moms liked this
Lucifer means son of the morning star. It is a pretty name. But yeah, it has a negative connotation. Like if you wanted to name your son Adolf. It's a perfectly normal name, but because someone with the name had to be a giant ass bag, no one will ever want to name their kids that.
I wouldn't name my son that, simply because of the history behind the name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM

If you lived in a different part of the world it'd be no problem :\

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
It's only a name. I'd do it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I sure wouldnt' name my baby Lucifer!! LOL 

That is just setting the poor kid up for all kinds of bad things in life, people will pick on him, tease him, bully him...those things as a child, what kind of teenager could he be or adult? It would just be mean to name a baby that. 

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM

pick another name. it's a terrible-sounding name, negative connotations aside.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM

You just might be right!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)