Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im afraid if I name him this, I will ruin every possibility he will ever have in life. *EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post
I love the name Lucifer but of course the devils name had to be Lucifer...
-.-
I just like the name, I don't worship the devil! I don't even think I believe in God, Santan, Angels or Demons, so what? I can't use this name because someone decided to use it in a book they wrote for some villian? Even though I have different beliefs others wouldn't agree with me so of course I wouldn't name him that I wouldn't want him to become the "Anti Christ" of our neighborhood. I can see his life ruined because of some simple name. Its an awsome name though!
So I guess what Im going to do is name him after his father and adopt a chihuahua and name him Lucifer.. itll be ironic. Lol
I haven't told anyone in the family but his dad and we both agreed itll be a horrible decision.

What would you do? Would you tell your kids not to hang with the demon child? Look at us like were crazy and satanist? I mean I know most people wouldn't care because its just a name but I can imagine those crazy Christians bashing my kid.

Edit::: When I say CRAZY Christians I mean the ones that take religion to.extremes and are so judgemental not every Christian out there. Sorry about that. About the name, I can only hope that someone out there with the name Lucifer grows up to become someone important with power. Someone who makes a difference in the world, a great human being who does good and makes a significant change in life. Some one with a good heart, that way one day in future generations that name wont be considered a life condemned to negativity but it will be just what it is, a name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (421-423):
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I wouldnt name a kid that.  Im athiest but i still wouldnt do it because of the stigma attached to the name.  Save it for a dog or fish or something.  

Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:20 AM
The employer will never admit to not hiring due to a name. They can say they didn't for many reasons.

Quoting LauraLuciferMom:

First, Its illegal to discriminate due to religious preferances.. So if the employer doesnt hire simply bc the name is considered religious, they can be sued or get into big trouble.. Second, I spoke to a 17 year old GIRL, beautiful, successful, outgoing young woman, very classy girl as well.. Im naming my son Lucifer and one of my questions to this young woman named "Lucifer" was; "does your name hinder you at all? As far as getting a job or in school?" She said it in fact DOES NOT hinder her at all.. On her applications she always uses her middle name and when she goes in for the actual interview, she tells them her real name, to avoid issues with customers, she does go by her middle name because she does know some people are religious but reguardless of this, she still LOVES her name.. Assumptions only go so far.. I say if you want to name your child Lucifer, the name is beautiful, the meaning is beautiful despite alot of ignorant peoples misconceptions of it and also if there are any doubts about the name, ASK PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE NAME.. Dont assume that opinions are truth. Because 8 times out of 10, they are not truth... Thanks.. 

Quoting silverdawn99: I would not If you name him that he will have a hard time finding a decent job

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Someone in the venting booth said their cousin named their kid Paymon lucifer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN