Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im afraid if I name him this, I will ruin every possibility he will ever have in life. *EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post
I love the name Lucifer but of course the devils name had to be Lucifer...
-.-
I just like the name, I don't worship the devil! I don't even think I believe in God, Santan, Angels or Demons, so what? I can't use this name because someone decided to use it in a book they wrote for some villian? Even though I have different beliefs others wouldn't agree with me so of course I wouldn't name him that I wouldn't want him to become the "Anti Christ" of our neighborhood. I can see his life ruined because of some simple name. Its an awsome name though!
So I guess what Im going to do is name him after his father and adopt a chihuahua and name him Lucifer.. itll be ironic. Lol
I haven't told anyone in the family but his dad and we both agreed itll be a horrible decision.

What would you do? Would you tell your kids not to hang with the demon child? Look at us like were crazy and satanist? I mean I know most people wouldn't care because its just a name but I can imagine those crazy Christians bashing my kid.

Edit::: When I say CRAZY Christians I mean the ones that take religion to.extremes and are so judgemental not every Christian out there. Sorry about that. About the name, I can only hope that someone out there with the name Lucifer grows up to become someone important with power. Someone who makes a difference in the world, a great human being who does good and makes a significant change in life. Some one with a good heart, that way one day in future generations that name wont be considered a life condemned to negativity but it will be just what it is, a name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (101-110):
TwinkleStars918
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM
I love the name Lucian which is similar enough without being lucifer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I would never ever tell my children not to hang out with someone because of their name that's just silly but I do think naming him lucifer will cause him problems in life just like naming your child hitler or Stalin or bin laden, or any other name that history or any major religion deems bad.   I actually think lucifer is on the can't name list in some countries , but I could be wrong, and yes ciuntries have those lists lol. 

debramommyof4
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Lucien was in Underworld

Quoting ghostcat90:

Oh...I can't help you with a movie reference...

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

I love it! What's that character in that one movie named like that? I loved it since I heard it but I can't think of the name!! Ugh! Its on the tip of my tongue! Lol

Quoting ghostcat90:

What about Lucien?  Lucifer means bringer of light and Lucien means Light according to babynames.com

nygardl
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Seconding the name "Lucien". It's a classy name and he'd only ever have problems in Canada, wherein during the 90's they were ruled by what was arguably the manifestation of the fallen angel himself, who went by the name of Lucien Bouchard.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I was with you until "those crazy Christians". Moving on...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElizabethGracie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I wouldn't do it,but we're big Catholics. I wouldn't name my child Damian either, because I can't past the connotation with 'The Omen'.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My friends son is named Lucifer. I like the name, but then again I'm not a bible thumper, and I don't care what negativity a name has, because I don't care what anyone thinks. Hence my daughters name, I've never had a negative comment besides on here. At least Lucifer is a legit name and not Pyperr or some dumb shit.
michiganmom5150
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:52 AM
That's also the cat's name in Cinderella. Lol I like it too. I agree with you though. What about something close like Lucian?
ElizabethGracie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 AM

What is your daughter's name?

Quoting Anonymous:

My friends son is named Lucifer. I like the name, but then again I'm not a bible thumper, and I don't care what negativity a name has, because I don't care what anyone thinks. Hence my daughters name, I've never had a negative comment besides on here. At least Lucifer is a legit name and not Pyperr or some dumb shit.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

HaleyCovington
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Eh, I'm not a fan. DH's ex calls her daughter Lucy, short for lucifer. (Her words) Her real name is in no way related to the name Lucy so I just find it cruel to call your kid the devil on purpose. If your not religious and don't have a connection to lucifer as the devil then go with it. I really like Lucian tho!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN