Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I yelled at the kid upstairs... His parents better hope they dont come talk to me about it....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I live in an apartment style condo on the ground floor. I have patio doors that lead to a decent size deck space and then it is grass. I was standing outside and all of a sudden a half eaten apple flies past me, following by two full and unopened things of yogurt. I look in the direction it came from and there was this kid, maybe 10-12 on the second floor balcony of the units to my right. He purposely through them in front of my yard area and not his.

What did I do you ask? I yelled are you kidding me? Then I went inside got a grocery bag, went outside and picked them up and marched upstairs to their door. I knocked and the kid answered. I asked if his parents were home and he said no, I then handed him the garbage and said "here's your garbage, you should know there is a bylaw in this city  that makes it illegal to throw things off of a balcony and it is also against the condo board rules, I suggest you do not do that again" he said ok and I went on my way.

What would you do if you were me? If you came home and your kid told you what he did and what I said? No one has knocked on my door yet, but rest assured if they take up an issue with it I will let them know that moving forward the police and condo board will be called and they can be homeless.

My kid plays out there, what if he had gotten hit with something flying from up there? I dont want ds playing in a bunch of garbage, thats disgusting and unacceptable.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM
11 moms liked this

Job's done.
Bet the little shithead won't tell his parents :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Job's done.

Thats what I am thinking. He probably wont say anything but then you never know these days...
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

If there's a confrontation with the parents, just calmly tell them what happened without being accusatory and deliver only the facts. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Job's done.

Thats what I am thinking. He probably wont say anything but then you never know these days...

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
shannon.m.park
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM

i dont blame you. I would have done the same thing and that is partially the reason why we now live in a single floor duplex instead of an apt building...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Im not too worried. The way I see it, I did them a favor by addressing it directly as opposed to reporting it. I have lived in condos for more than 4 years now, the last person who through stuff off the balcony was arrested and evicted because of it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

If there's a confrontation with the parents, just calmly tell them what happened without being accusatory and deliver only the facts. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Job's done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I f I could afford it I would not be living in a condo, but I cant. Besides that it is just me and ds so we dont need the extra space.

Quoting shannon.m.park:

i dont blame you. I would have done the same thing and that is partially the reason why we now live in a single floor duplex instead of an apt building...

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Exactly; and I'm sure his parents and himself would agree. I'd rather face a strange lady yelling at me for being a dumbass than my parents grounding me. let's hope this kid will be as wise and save you the potential drama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not too worried. The way I see it, I did them a favor by addressing it directly as opposed to reporting it. I have lived in condos for more than 4 years now, the last person who through stuff off the balcony was arrested and evicted because of it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Job's done.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
ShannonRoe
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I would've done the same thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN