Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They found her!! But in NC?? UPDATE She's home!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 122 Replies
16 moms liked this

Over a year ago our dog went missing.. We always felt someone took her. She was an amazing dog, very well behaved and patient. The perfect dog for small children. I was still pregnant when she went missing and now ds just celebrated his first birthday.

Anyways Df and I were discussing going to Arizona for a family wedding when he noticed he had a voicemail.. He listened to it and it was an animal hospital saying they found our dog by her microchip.. All they way in North Carolina. mind you we're in Texas, an hour drive from New Mexico. So looking online she's over 1,700 miles from us.

Basically we've said forget Arizona and hello North Carolina, but due to money issues it may just be df and our friend going, our friend is going to help with the drive.

I'm still amazed that after all this time they actually found her. We were all almost in tears from joy :)

So as it stands df leaves early Friday, anyone have any advice? We're worried about the long trip, df doesn't have much vacation time and we're not sure how our dog will do on the trip back.. and of course it being expensive

Forgive any typos please.

UPDATE

She's finally home :) Our beloved doggy has finally been reunited with her family :) We were so excited to finally have her home with us. She was ecstatic to see us and be in her home and bed. She wouldn't stop running around the house, sniffing and rolling everywhere lol. Ds was finally able to meet her :) she sat next to him while he pet her and tugged on her ears. (I remember being pregnant and she use to sit next to my tummy, like she was protecting him)

MIL and her bf went to pick her up instead of df and our friend. MIL was able to take a week off from work, and it did take her the whole week, but she took her time and even got to visit her bf's family in Georgia. MIL said some of the ladies at the animal hospital (where our dog was) were crying and in disbelief and MIL drove all the way to get her. They said it was such a heart warming story and couldn't stop crying :')

Our Daisy!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
she_walk_softly
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM
3 moms liked this

How exciting ,I'm glad you are getting her back. Just stop for bathroom breaks every couple of hours.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Wow !!! That's crazy. I'm glad you're getting your dog back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Is there any type of program that helps reunite family with lost pets like that? Maybe they could fly her to Texas. That is awesome she was found and will be coming home.

Anastacia1988
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
That is an amazing story ! Lol I'd tell people she ran the whole way there lol
NotAMuggle
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM

aw yay. i live in north carolina

tennisgal
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

so exciting!! 

pack some snacks, drinks, and lunches for DH so he doesn't have to waste money eating overpriced carryout/convenience store food. 

LisaRoyNKaden
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Wow, that's amazing! Im so glad you found her! Good thing you got her microchipped!

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I'm not sure, where would I look for that? i asked the very nice lady at the animal hospital about flying her her but she didn't think it was possible (Someone in charge is suppose to call back tomorrow to confirm if she can or can't)

Quoting angie729:

Is there any type of program that helps reunite family with lost pets like that? Maybe they could fly her to Texas. That is awesome she was found and will be coming home.

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayy!!! Oh, that is awesome. Good for you and your family. :D

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Check with animal groups on fb. Explajn what hapoened. I bet you could get her home that way; The Snoopy Express
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured