Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your 7 year old go to a classmates house

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you didn't know the parents? My dd's classmate keeps asking and I keep making up excuses but I feel bad. My dd has no friends. Would you allow your child to go?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (81-87):
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM

No.  I would at the very least meet the parents first.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Good thinking :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried to meet this girls parents for the last two days. Yesterday the girl went home early and today her friend picked her up. I told my daughter I need to meet the family to make sure she will be ok going over there.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I would meet the parents and 7 is old enough to tell you if something inappropriate goes on over there

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM
If it was that important to them both I'd meet the parents and set something up. I'm pretty picky though. So we'd have to get to know each other. Until my kids old enough to really understand things and communicate very well I'm picky about where they stay.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Nope. 

C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Icpjuggalette
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
No not till i met the parents first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM

My daughter is turning 6 tomorrow and she's invited to a little girls house Friday,April 26th.Its the little girls birthday next week so she's having a sleep over with my daughter and another girl.Ive seen the little girls mom before but I don't know her.Im going over to meet her parents Monday night.But that's what you should do.Just kinda meet up with the little girls parents.if you don't feel comfortable with her going there that's okay :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)