Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Concern about this kitten....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I posted a couple weeks ago about my rescue having kittens. Everything is going pretty cool so far. I haven't seen so much cuteness in a long time! It's going to be hard to let them go to their forever homes!
But I do have a concern about one of them. I think it may be deaf. The other 4 meow and cry (actually they are a bunch of crybabies!) this one will make the motion but no sound at all not even a little squeak! Every time I pet or love on it, if it isn't facing me/looking at me it will jump.
Does anyone know how common this is or maybe this one is just a little slower?

It may or may not be this kitten, 4 of them look exactly alike!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Replies (11-13):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:43 AM

i wouldn't worry about it just yet. theyre only 16 weeks. you'll know by 5-6 weeks. and even if it is deaf, its not a biggie. but i would def make sure it is an indoor cat only.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I think if it does turn out to be deaf, I will keep it. I wouldn't feel comfortable letting it go to another home. I watched (sorta) all 5 of them being born (don't recommend that) so I feel like they are my squishes and I am responsible for them.

Quoting amyleigh80:

Maybe just the runt? They are so sweet. If it is deaf you should keep it and be its momma!
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Ya I wouldn't be worried right now

Quoting Anonymous:

16 days

All eyes are open and ears are staring to stand up. 2 of them are very shakily walking not just crawling.

Quoting Fields456:

Truthfully it is common and until the kitten is older I don't believe you will beabke to know if it has hearing issues . From your picture they Are Still very young.      How old,are the kittens now

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)