Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is cheating ever ok?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My bff is having an affair. Before you start bashing her, let me explain her situation. Back in 2011 her husband of 15 years had a stroke. It was bad. He was in the hospital for two months, then rehab for about 4 or 5 months. She stood by him through all that. Now he's home and she's his sole caretaker. She talkes him to all of his appointments, on walks, and does everything that needs to be done. Even bathes him and helps him use the bathroom. She's really wonderful and I wonder if I could do that for my own husband should the need arise. But I do know that once a week on Tuesday afternoons she meets a guy for sex. She says she has needs and that she ignored them for so long. She says its not only sex, but its the only time when its about her and how she is. I'm not sure how I feel and wish she hadn't told me this information. But it has been food for thought.

So is it ever ok to cheat?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think in a situation like that you cant judge unless you have been there.  I can say I wouldnt do it but that may not be true because that is a lot to deal with. I think you just forget it.  Its none of your business.  

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:09 AM

I think that would be totally fine if it is something that her husband agreed to. DH and I have discussed if he were paralyzed or something, that it would be okay for me to have sex with someone else. Its cheating when it is lying but some people can make open relationships work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:13 AM
I don't think he knows, at least that's not the impression I got from what she told me.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I think that would be totally fine if it is something that her husband agreed to. DH and I have discussed if he were paralyzed or something, that it would be okay for me to have sex with someone else. Its cheating when it is lying but some people can make open relationships work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope, never ok. They make vibrators for a reason, and she can have girlfriend time for the "how she is" part. Lots of people go without sex for a long period of time, it doesn't kill you. There are other ways she and him can be intimate without having sex.

Cheating on a person is never ok.

However, if her and her husband have discussed it and he is fine with it. Its not cheating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:16 AM
That's a sad situation. I have to wonder how she would feel if the roles were reversed. It would suck to miss out on life but she took vows and this is the "for worse" part. I usually say just leave and there is no excuse for cheating (which I still feel here) but the fact that she may want to leave but stays to care for him leaves me unable to judge:/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:17 AM

no. Never IMO.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Then it is cheating and its not okay IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think he knows, at least that's not the impression I got from what she told me.

Quoting thenameshailie:

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Agreed!

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, never ok. They make vibrators for a reason, and she can have girlfriend time for the "how she is" part. Lots of people go without sex for a long period of time, it doesn't kill you. There are other ways she and him can be intimate without having sex.

Cheating on a person is never ok.

However, if her and her husband have discussed it and he is fine with it. Its not cheating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM
don't judge unless u have walked in some ones shoes..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I think it would be selfish of him to expect her not to.

Vibrators are great, but take this from a kinky freak who can get off by herself, but they are hardly a substitute for the sexual gratification that a man can offer.

Is it right? That's not for me to say, but I wouldn't look down on her for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)