Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you buy a "murder" house?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 287 Replies

Poll

Question: Yes, if the price was right

Options:

No, even if the price was right

Yes, even if I don't get a deal

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 485

View Results

There is a house on the market that my dh and I are interested in. A murder took place in the house last spring (2012). The house is not on the market at a good price. It's over the estimated value by about 25%. Most homes that have had a brutal murder in them are listed under estimate value, at least in this area. The area has a very low crime rate, almost non existent. We've been watching the house since it was put up for sale.

Would you have an issue living in a home where a brutal murder took place?

I don't want to go into a lot of detail about the murder because I don't want anyone on here to know where I live, lol. In short, the home owner murdered a man for insurance money.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:44 AM
3 moms liked this
If it was a random murder, I would have more difficulty making that decision. But if it was a family member murder, it would be easier to say yes. Kwim?
ginabeana92
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:44 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't have much of an issue, however I wouldn't buy it unless it was listed for under the estimated value

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Only if it's not an infamous house, such as the Amityville house and the only reason there is because I wouldn't want random tourists or fans driving by or my kids being teased at school about it. I don't believe in ghosts or hauntings, so as long as it's not a well known murder and there's no evidence of it left behind, it wouldn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this

YES in fact I have before got it a great price and added incentives, use it for rental property - people don't really care - some think it's cool to live there.( fucked up I know)

It's funny, When you say illegal immigrants, I think of you.

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Put in a LOW BALL offer, most likely they will take it and if you ask give you incentives.

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
If the price was right, and I was in love with it, yes. I love older houses, my dream house would be a plantation style house but I know we'd never be able to afford it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
5 moms liked this
No but I am a huge chicken with an over active imagination and I would be replaying the scenes in my head :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Yeah if I could get a good deal on it.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I picked other, because if it was 20+ years, I would if the price was right. 

I can't believe it's priced so high, with its recent history. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Yes, I see what you mean. The murder was planed. The owner killed his bf for insurance money. :(  

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was a random murder, I would have more difficulty making that decision. But if it was a family member murder, it would be easier to say yes. Kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)