Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fertilizer plant exsplosion in Texas.

Posted by   + Show Post
Has leveled 4 city blocks. Anyone else watching/listening to this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
gypsy.mom
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM

The Chief of Police (I believe that was who was speaking) has said they're considering it a crime scene. 

If you remember directly after the Boston Bombing many were saying that it was likely just an accident. Etc... 

Something doesn't feel "right" about this. 

Quoting BeAmour:

:( i'm glad it wasn't another terror situation but very sad it even happened.

I used to live in Savannah and we had the Imperial sugar factory explode but obviously nothing of the level of a fertilizer plant. :( I worked in the hospital and it was INSANE!

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Seems if was a fire that caused the exsplosion.

Quoting BeAmour:

JFC!! 4 blocks??????? My gosh, I don't want to know how many fatalities there are :(

Anyone know if it was another bomb or an accident?

Kelsmomma123
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM

This really scares me. I live in alabama but my SO works in a fertilizer plant, We had a small explosion a few months ago, Luckily the part of the plant that blew was not running that day so there were no chemicals in the tanks at the time so just the ammonia fumes. I rattled peoples houses that lived over an hour away. No one was hurt thank god.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Very scary!

Quoting Kelsmomma123:

This really scares me. I live in alabama but my SO works in a fertilizer plant, We had a small explosion a few months ago, Luckily the part of the plant that blew was not running that day so there were no chemicals in the tanks at the time so just the ammonia fumes. I rattled peoples houses that lived over an hour away. No one was hurt thank god.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I don't like to speculate but the timing is very uncanny. I hope it's an accident. Let something else happen and we'll have our answer, Heaven forbid!

Quoting gypsy.mom:

The Chief of Police (I believe that was who was speaking) has said they're considering it a crime scene. 

If you remember directly after the Boston Bombing many were saying that it was likely just an accident. Etc... 

Something doesn't feel "right" about this. 

Quoting BeAmour:

:( i'm glad it wasn't another terror situation but very sad it even happened.

I used to live in Savannah and we had the Imperial sugar factory explode but obviously nothing of the level of a fertilizer plant. :( I worked in the hospital and it was INSANE!

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Seems if was a fire that caused the exsplosion.

Quoting BeAmour:

JFC!! 4 blocks??????? My gosh, I don't want to know how many fatalities there are :(

Anyone know if it was another bomb or an accident?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I live about an hour away... so sad, such a nice little town, best kolaches anywhere.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Did you feel the exsplosion?

Quoting Miss-B:

I live fifteen miles from there. So sad.

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Nope.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Did you feel the exsplosion?

Quoting Miss-B:

I live fifteen miles from there. So sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Last night they i heard something about ammonia getting wet and causeing an explosion.So I ask Dh about it. Dh works with ammonia. He said even the slightest leak when sprayed with water could cause a smaller explosion causing a fire. (ammonia rapidly expands when wet.) But i have not heard anything since about the ammonia.

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
All texans in that area are in my thoughts and prayers.
myhandsomelove
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM
news is saying theres about 180 or so injured and somewhere between 5-15 dead. Its crazy I'm in Odessa shits scary, keeps getting closer to home. There was a bomb scare/threatin the north side of town yesterday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)