Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Shocking Tip Confession..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

I will not tip a server if they look like they are a drug user

I wont be supporting their habit!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Lol that's your right and your choice. In the us, in most places, servers are paid tipped wage and if tips don't make up the difference between that and minimum wage, the employer is required to do so by law. Either way, the server is making at least minimum wage and your tips are a bonus.

It's your money, and your choice. Prepare to be attacked by all those who believe in entitlement, though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Luckily thats not a problem where i go. But yeah if it was completly obvious i wouldnt tip much either, but i would leave something.
GLO682
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM
3 moms liked this

i have never seen a server that looks like they are on drugs, maybe i choose better places to eat.

lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I was going to say the same. Lol.

Quoting GLO682:

i have never seen a server that looks like they are on drugs, maybe i choose better places to eat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I used to work in the restaurant industry- a majority of them do drugs. Usually it's just marijuana, but there are a lot of pill poppers too.

Quoting GLO682:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this
If being paid for hard work equals entitlement, then I'm guilty as charged.

Quoting audreesmama:Lol that's your right and your choice. In the us, in most places, servers are paid tipped wage and if tips don't make up the difference between that and minimum wage, the employer is required to do so by law. Either way, the server is making at least minimum wage and your tips are a bonus.

It's your money, and your choice. Prepare to be attacked by all those who believe in entitlement, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know McDonalds accepted tips.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Where are you eating?  I honestly can't think of one time I've had a server look like a druggie.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Quoting GLO682:

audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Yep. Servers are paid either way. Expecting a tip is entitlement.

Quoting Anonymous:

If being paid for hard work equals entitlement, then I'm guilty as charged.

Quoting audreesmama:Lol that's your right and your choice. In the us, in most places, servers are paid tipped wage and if tips don't make up the difference between that and minimum wage, the employer is required to do so by law. Either way, the server is making at least minimum wage and your tips are a bonus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)