Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"sahm's are lazy and sit around doing nothing all day"...*not your typical sahm post*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
2 moms liked this

My stepdad came over last night to drop off some extra mulch he had. As he was leaving I thanked him and told him I would see him tomorrow. He was in the street and I was in my garage so we kind of had to yell to hear eachother. As he's leaving he yells.."Go take "R" (ds) for a walk...you sit at home and do nothing all day..go take the kid for a walk." I was caught completely off guard so I just kind of smiled and starting walking into the house. He then said (yelled) "You can't tell me you've been busy in that house ALL day..get off your ass and do something with "R". Ummmm wtf?!?! Seriously?!

I don't even know where to start with how that made me feel. For one I was pissed because he yelled that from the middle of the street and most of the neighbors were outside doing yard work so I know they all heard him. That made me really mad and embarrassed.

But it also made me mad because sitting on my ass all day is the last thing I do. I ran errands for three hours in the morning then took the dog to her vet appt. Came home and cleaned for an hour..worked with ds for an hour on his work books then cleaned more after that. After that ds and I went to the park for awhile, came home and I started doing yard work outside while ds collected rocks from the yard (for some reason that's like his favorite thing to do lol) But seriously....where does he get off saying something like that to me...and to yell it in front of all the neighbors..? Not cool.

And then I'm thinking wow...he really must not think very much of me if he thinks I do nothing all day and just sit on my butt watching tv. That really upset me because I love that man like he is my father and I thought he felt the same. But to say something like that..idk, it just really changed my feelings about him. Maybe I'm just being sensitive because I know the stigma people around here have about sahm's...but for HIM to think so little of me. Idk but it really got to me. I cried for like 45 minutes uncontrollably after he left. I'm not usually the sensitive, crying type so it really surprised me that I had such a reaction.

Now I don't know what to do. Do I say something to him about how he made me feel? Do I say something to my mom about it? Do I just let it go? I don't know what I am going to do but I do know that when he said that me...it really broke my heart. 

*Sorry so long, guess I had more to say about it then I realized.*

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM

bump

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
He wouldn't be allowed back over until he apologized. Straight to hell with being disrespected in your own home, well, yard in this case. But whatever. I'd embarrass his nosy ass right back, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I wouldn't bring your mom into it.  I'd talk to him directly.  If you have (or had) that father-daughter relationship, you should be able to do that. 

I'd say "Until you know, for a fact, what I do all day, don't comment on it again.  Especially as you're yelling from the street" and leave it at that.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I'm sorry he did that. If you know you work hard then screw him. For me its difficult enough to keep the house clean because my kids are messy so I follow behind them ALL day.
4Yo always pees on the seat, SO is a slob, etc.

Tell him how it made you feel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

so your step father said something you didn't like, so now he doesn't love you and you dont love him? You must not think much of HIM to quickly turn because of some off comments that may or maynot be a joke.

godsgirl26
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM
This.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I wouldn't bring your mom into it.  I'd talk to him directly.  If you have (or had) that father-daughter relationship, you should be able to do that. 

I'd say "Until you know, for a fact, what I do all day, don't comment on it again.  Especially as you're yelling from the street" and leave it at that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

If all you did all day was sit around, it's really not his place to tell you that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

You should text him all this .. The nerve!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Yea, dh is NOT happy. If I would have left him..he would have gone out and ripped my stepdad a new one but that wouldn't help anything, just make it worse. He is impossible to embarrass back, he's one of those out spoken people that just say whatever comes to their mind without thinking first or thinking about how it will make a person feel. I don't know how to explain it but he's "special"...like i really think he might have some sort of mental issues. Idk what to do. i dont want to make it worse because i don't want to put my mom in it because it will cause problems between them and I don't want that to happen. ugh..i could just punch him right now.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

He wouldn't be allowed back over until he apologized. Straight to hell with being disrespected in your own home, well, yard in this case. But whatever. I'd embarrass his nosy ass right back, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

i never said i don't love him or that he doesn't love me. and it was not a joke...my stepdad is a different kind of person, hard to explain unless you know him but he is known for saying inappropriate and hurtful things to people with giving no thought to how it makes people feel. i know this about him and usually when he says asshole things i just let it roll off my back but for some reason this really hurt me.

Quoting Anonymous:

so your step father said something you didn't like, so now he doesn't love you and you dont love him? You must not think much of HIM to quickly turn because of some off comments that may or maynot be a joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)