Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Decorating Ideas Please. *pics*

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is obviously not a confession post, this group just seems to get more feedback than others.

I just moved from a 2 bedroom to a 4 bedroom seeing as though were expecting DD #3 May 21st. Literally just moved, yesterday.

This is my daughters' new toy room. I'm needing some decorating and organizing advice.

No need in me going anonymous, for this shouldn't turn into a bashing post.

I know I'm going to get rid of the multi colored plastic dresser. Right now the top one is nic nac toys, middle one is Barbies, bottom is Barbie clothes and accessories.. I don't know what to replace the multi colored dresser with.

Another picture in reply.
Thanks ladies, in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No ideas here..I posted pictures of my living room and everyone said it was bare and ugly lol.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I literally just finished moving in at 10 last night. I've actually got room here and would love some ideas. Id like to start decorating the toy room before the others. Here in a few weeks Ill post my living room and get told the same thing I'm sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

No ideas here..I posted pictures of my living room and everyone said it was bare and ugly lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Is this a playroom? May 21st is my dad's bday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
How much do you have to spend? What does your dd like? How old is she?

Check out Pinterest btw.
Kortlynia
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM

check out pinterest. Just look up toy/play room TONS of ideas.  Storage ideas, chalk board paint. cute book cases... Congrats on the move =)

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Yes, sadly it is the playroom. They had their toys in the laundry room with limited space at the old house. I just pretty much unpacked their stuff and lined it around the walls last night so they could play while I unpacked laundry. I need ideas bad!

Quoting audreesmama:

Is this a playroom? May 21st is my dad's bday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Personally, I don't think a play room would have to be snazzy! It's for housing toys and imagination! If you can paint the walls, I'd start there. It seems fine to me. Unless you're looking for more storage! You could build some shelving and use little baskets?
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I could spend $150-$200 to start with.. I didn't have the space at the other house, so were lacking in the toy department as well.
My daughters are 6 & 4 1/2 (5 in June). We've got a mix in interests. Hot wheels, Barbies, Tangled, playdoh, paint, etc.

Quoting audreesmama:

How much do you have to spend? What does your dd like? How old is she?

Check out Pinterest btw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Get some of those cubical storage units with the canvas bins. And paint the walls a brighter Colorado.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN