Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did your baby sleep in this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
My dh and I are thinking about getting a pack N' play for our dd to sleep in instead of a crib, has anyone done this? We're getting one with a newborn napper in it also.

The reason we're doing this is bc we're moving out in 6 months and would rather her be close to us in our bedroom also.

So have you done this? And why or why not?

ETA: they have a padded sheet to put in there and a sleep positioner to make it more comfortable, plus the newborn napper that looks so comfortable.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM
bump
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My daughter has slept in a pack n play a few times before but I still had a crib. IMO the mattress in the pack n play would not be as comfortable to them as a crib mattress.

atyou
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM
both of my kids have napped in pack and plays from time to time.....but never as a regular bed. it's not very supportive.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM
not permanently, only if we were on vacation or st a friend's. they are pretty uncomfortable compared to a crib mattress..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Why not get a dasinett? I suppose the pack n play would work
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We used it briefly when we were moving as well. Truthfully, our son slept poorly in it. Those mattresses are not the greatest. We only did it for maybe two weeks.

Shelby212302
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM
We had a crib in the baby's room, bassinet in our room and pack n play in the living room. He just recently started crib sleeping at 8 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM
No, we have a crib. The pack and play is for travel, but it doesn't really matter. It's a safe place for a baby to sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Yes my first born slept in a pack and play till she was like one. I had some comfy folded blankets and then a sheet over them, once she was big enough for the bottom. Actually my second slept in one also for the same amount of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Well yes my kids have slept in them for like nap time and stuff but not all the time. I don't see how it would be any different then using a bassinet which we did so I don't see why it would be a problem if it's more convenient for you at this time to do so. You can always get a crib later after the move

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN