Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Real MEN get married....boys just SHACK up..which do you prefer ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol

Ok, so the guy who abused me, mentally and physically was a "real man"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Wow. I was unaware that people needed a legal contract of commitment before they entered adulthood. So I guess today CM taught me that for the males in our society, our right of passage is getting married. Learn something new every day.

Starryeyez_01
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Wow, are you sure that's healthy for him?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been married 30 years. I don't believe in "shacking up," and I raised my kids the same. My 20yo son has given up on relationships for the time being because none of the "girls" are serious about it. So, it isn't just the "boys."

Piskie
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't prefer sweeping and arbitrary decisions and comments about men's masculinity based on their relationship status.
Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Absolutely!

Next Friday will be my 27th wedding anniversary. I chose to marry my husband all those years ago because he already was a "real man."

Choosing to get married had nothing to do with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Marriage is a legal document. It promises legal benefits through the government, nothing more or less. It can't ensure happiness, health, wealth, love, kindness, communication, or commitment. It can't protect me from infidelity or abuse. It doesn't ensure that a couple will be good parents or even good people. That's all up to each of us as individuals and it can be done with or without a ring.

Pink.Sunshine.
I feel so lost with this new Laptop :/
Today at 2:52 AM
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I am not ok with living with men outside of Marriage. I've never done it and never will. 

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I prefer my husband.   we "shacked up" for four years  until i said i wanted to get married.   he got a ring in a matter of weeks.    so i dont think its mutually exclusive.     young people are more likely to live together before getting married because a test run of the relationship is a very good idea.     if someone is a DB and wont marry the person they have lived with for years - they are simply a DB.    It doesnt reflect upon all unmarried living together people.     i guess the deciding factor is when one person wants marriage - how the other reacts.  

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Neither. I don't care to share my house right now. I like my personal space.

Regardless, I dont agree with that dumb ass opinion. The whole concept of "real" men and women is just stupid. If you are breathing and alive you are "real." Period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I'm married, but I also don't judge, or think it's a big deal when people aren't.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I'm "shacking up". If it were up to him we'd be married and I'd be married and miserable.

Guess I'm a little girl.

Ok. Whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured