Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Real MEN get married....boys just SHACK up..which do you prefer ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Well me and my manly man will be shacking it up next month

Hes far from a boy
And its OUR choice to do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imvanilla
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Stupid. My parents shacked up, as you call it, for 16 years before they married. They've been together for 28 ears total. I'm not sure how that makes my stepdad a little boy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Why wont some of you women just get it thru your heads that marriage is not for everyone. jeez!

tifbrown
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I think that statement is stupid. I know of two couples who have been together, one 35 years, the other 30, and not married. The 30 year couple has 3 kids, all of whom are graduated and in college now. Both couples are incredible people who have built amazing lives together. Marriage is my personal preference, but it's not for everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I married a real MAN.... He's in it for the long haul :)

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess they become men when they day I do?

Hmm

Why do so many act like boys even after those I do's?
Cant figure that one out

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Wow. I was unaware that people needed a legal contract of commitment before they entered adulthood. So I guess today CM taught me that for the males in our society, our right of passage is getting married. Learn something new every day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssa1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Well I been living with my boyfriend for 9 years and have two kids.but I do want to get married.
Mognificent
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I have been with my boyfriend for 9 years and we are not planning to get married for a long time, I don't think I have any friends that I grew up with that are still married to their original husbands. Plus I see all the issues my married friends have with doing taxes and legal bullshit that it seems like a waste. We live each other, we have a beautiful daughter together and that is enough for us. We are together because we want to be together, not because we have a piece of paper that forces us to unless we go through an expensive hassle to separate.
wumbo
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this
So being married changes "playing" into actually living it? How? Is there a Wizard of Oz black and white to color moment or something?
Quoting Anonymous:Yup. Little boys and girls play house.
Married because I have more respect for myself.
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Me and dh "shacked up" and were very happy. We got married when we were both 100% ready. I don't think he magically switched from boy to man.. that happened over time for 6 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured