Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Real MEN get married....boys just SHACK up..which do you prefer ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (261-266):
mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I agree with that too, but the mentality of someone in an arranged marriage is better than most people. If the average couple who doesn't even like each other gets married for say insurance reasons, they aren't going to last long. Because they dont have this idea that they learn to love each other, and they stick by each other and make the choice to be together and make it work. Which is the mind set of those in arranged marriages.

Heck people who are infatuated with each other who get married typically don't last because they lose that in love feeling and dont care to work to make it work so they split.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I have read studies that arranged marriages can form stronger and better functioning marriages because they didn't go into it with glossy eyes of love.The main benefit I can see to getting married is I can put him on my health insurance once I become a teacher. I know we will get married but not for the benefits.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

I don't think people get married because of those reasons, I think they are advantages to being married over living together.

A marriage won't last very long if their only reason for getting married is something other than love.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

If you are going to jump Into a conversation read the whole conversation. Anon seems to believe love is the only reason for marriage it isn't and thankfully the men I have known were not this shallow. I googled reasons why men get married that site came up. I dot want a man to marry me because it might help him live longer or increase his wealth those are shallow reasons not a pretty picture of marriage.

I have a very good man that loves me so I don't need someone to come along. 

Quoting atozmom5:

Do you really believe that most men are that shallow? Wow. That's...sad. I hope someone will come along to prove you wrong someday. And I just went to the link. It seems to paint a pretty nice picture of marriage. Not sure what you were going for there.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

No it isn't but I am tired of reading petty judgmental crap. I really am starting to believe the nastiest people on this site are here to make others feel miserable because deep down they are incredibly unhappy. 

Again I will state love is not the only reason people get married.

Reason men "commit" 

Girl gets pregnant

Arranged marriage

Time to settle down

This is the best I can do

She is homely so she will never cheat and I will always have a doormat (just read this on cm)

Dated so long might as well make her my wife

I will add this website also http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating/top-10-reasons-to-get-married.html

Quoting Anonymous:

It's autocorrect. That's really the best you've got? I edited it before I even saw this comment.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Could you at least use the right words when you are being snarky to others?

Love is not the only reason people get married. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You keep telling yourself that.

My husband lives me enough to have married me. I'm sure you're unmarried.

Quoting Acid:

I'm guessing it's because she's probably desperately trying to get her flavour of the week to marry her.  She's baiting you and using your responses as her own kind of education.

Either that or she's so hideously ugly she's trolling your responses to find pictures to steal for a dating site.

Quoting Aprilaaw85:

Does it matter. No, you're going to shoot down whatever I say. You never answered me, WHY do you have a problem with couples not being married? Why do you care so much about my relationship?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I have always believed that a "man" that will not marry you really does not love OR respect you, I don't care what excuse you lay out on here.  I have taught my dd never to lower herself like that(living or having kids with someone before marriage).  It is still not acceptable and that is my belief. 

Fallaya
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM
His mom is elderly and ill, so he feels obligated to live with her. He's an only child, so the responsibility to take of her falls on him.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom does this! His ODD said at a holiday that it'd be nice if they married because then she could call me her stepsister instead of her dad's girlfriend's daughter. They've been together for the entirety of my kids' lives, and my children call his daughters "aunt." And my oldest is turning 10 next week, so they've been together a long time. My mom said their decision to marry will not be made in order to convenience their adult children, who'd prefer a simpler way of referring to each other. Lol. What's your reason for living separately?

Quoting Fallaya:

My SO and I have been together for 9+ years, and we've never lived together. What category does that put HIM in? ;)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

So real men let the government define their relationship?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM
My mom's boyfriend didn't want to get married while his girls were still children/having visitation, and they were in middle school when my mom met him. Then, as soon as the oldest turned 18, she asked to live with her dad. Which he was delighted about. I got divorced, and my daughter and I moved in with my mom. His youngest daughter turned 18 and asked to move in with her dad. I've moved out of my mom's, and her boyfriend's oldest moved out of his house. And his youngest graduates from college in the next month. So, I'd thought this might make a difference. But his youngest got into law school, and it's going to cost a lot of money. A lot. Almost six figures to support her. And she asked her dad to pay it. And he agreed. And my mom told me she's not tying her finances to his when he's made such a big financial obligation to her. I love my mom, but she would have told me to take out student loans. :) So, it's probably good that she doesn't feel like she has a say in what he does with his money.
Quoting Fallaya:

His mom is elderly and ill, so he feels obligated to live with her. He's an only child, so the responsibility to take of her falls on him.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom does this! His ODD said at a holiday that it'd be nice if they married because then she could call me her stepsister instead of her dad's girlfriend's daughter. They've been together for the entirety of my kids' lives, and my children call his daughters "aunt." And my oldest is turning 10 next week, so they've been together a long time. My mom said their decision to marry will not be made in order to convenience their adult children, who'd prefer a simpler way of referring to each other. Lol. What's your reason for living separately?

Quoting Fallaya:

My SO and I have been together for 9+ years, and we've never lived together. What category does that put HIM in? ;)

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM

so gay men aren't "real men" eye rolling?

or is that only those who co-habitate in states where they are permitted to marry? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)