Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$1200 to put a sign in my yard???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Ok so I just got a call on my house phone. I couldn't barely understand the guy but it went something like this - hey yo this yo boy big money d and I'm calling from (I think this is what he said I couldn't really understand him) and we calling a few home owners in the neighbor hood and offering $1200 to place a simple sign in your yard. Now would you like more information about it.

Something along those lines and I just hung up thinking it was a scam but now I'm thinking that that could of been legit and could of been the downpayment on our hot tub LOL!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Hmm guess nobody has heard of this lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

If it was real, you would have been able to understand him and he wouldn't have been speaking slang.

KTU
by Kim on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I doubt anything involving "yo boy big money" is legit.

KeishaJL
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I've not ever heard of that but can't imagine that's legal.  If it is it would depend on the sign I suppose.  Those billboards you see on personal property beside interstates ... they pay property owners money to allow them to put up the billboard.  Every month.  My dad has property beside an interstate and Verizon pays him to let them put a tower on a small portion of land.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM
LOL!!! I didn't think so!

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was real, you would have been able to understand him and he wouldn't have been speaking slang.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I know but I have also spoken with some strong Ebonics speakers sitting in corporate offices. I once was charged 7 times on my card at Hardee's and I couldn't understand the corporate worker there lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Dreamly
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

ooookkk

yperez0209
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

It sounds strange to me. I would of hung up the phone as well. I would also notify the police so that they can keep an eye on it. For all you know they might be looking to rob your house and they are calling people in the neighborhood to see what time you're home.

A legit company wouldn't hire someone ( regardless of race ) that can't speak proper english or couldn't be understood over the phone to call potential customers or for advertising. 

There is some type of scam involved with that phone call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)