Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you be pro-choice and not pro-abortion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies

I don't get it.  I don't understand that statement that someone is pro-choice but not pro-abortion.  So you are anti-abortion which would lead you to be pro-life?  Explain it to me like I'm 2 please.  LOL

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

BUMP!

starlight91
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Most times it not for or agianst abortion just for the mothers right to choose...

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

No, pro CHOICE means you advocate for women having to make any choice that is available to her.

Pro abortion would be advocating for women (for whatever reason) to abort even if it's not a choice they are comfortable with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM

But if you are for the mother's right to choose you know that she might choose abortion so you would have to be ok with that.  You in general terms here.

Quoting starlight91:

Most times it not for or agianst abortion just for the mothers right to choose...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Prochoice means you want women to have the freedom to choose. Pro-abortion would mean you want all pregnant women to have abortions.

Nobody like abortion, it's something that everyone would like to see less of.
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this
You can be neutral on things, you know. I'm not pro abortion, because i don't suggest that people have them, or want any myself. I'm pro choice, because its someone else that gets to make that decision for themselves. The idea of choice is that people choose what's right for them-abortion, adoption, parenting- without other people trying to influence them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Seriously??
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM
5 moms liked this

Pro-abortion means you are "for abortions".

Pro-choice means you are "for choice".

I've never met someone who was "for abortions".

Pro-choice just means you believe that women should have the right to make their own medical decisions regarding pregnancy and birth.

I am pro-choice and have 3 healthy children. I have never had an abortion.

Did you know that in many states women aren't allowed to make their own decisions because the government is up their ass?

Some women have been forced into unwanted c-sections.

Some women have been hand cuffed to hospital bed because they wanted to have a home birth.

Some women have been KILLED during child birth because they weren't allowed to make their own medical decisions.

SICK!

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Its easy. I do not feel that my personal beliefs should be forced on everyone else.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Pro means in favor of. I dont think everyone should have an abortion. I dont think its some amazing right of passage. I dont forsee many scenarios in which I would even consider having one. I simply dont give a flying fuck what another woman chooses to do with her fetus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured