Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sicko!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you ask him about the rumor?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

I need to vent. 

I was told at work by a former coworker that my son's father got a girl pregnant.  I live in a small town so finding who this girl is was pretty easy.  Anyways, this girl is a freshman in high school.  So either 14 or 15 years old.  If this is true and her parents press charges, he could be charged and go to jail.  But then there's the issue if the child is actually his.  He's 20 years old, will be 21 in June.  It's not my problem nor do I need to worry about it, so I wont.  But I'm glad that I was told anyways.  Just because I'd like a heads up in case he goes to jail and my son can't visit him.  We don't have a family plan and we share custody.  But we get along very well and he visits regularly.  In my state, custody is assumed split unless a parent wants to have full custody.  I called a few months ago and they said they would call me back.  Me calling a lawyer and wanting to get custody was a decision made before I heard about this rumor. The lawyers here are so full that I can't get in to speak with them for the next two months.  I'm still waiting for them to call me back.  I was going to go to court for full custody.  He doesn't ask for anymore than one day a week visit.  That was what he wanted.  He knows he can have him more often but he is okay with how it is.  I'm not going to ask him about this because its really not any of my business.  But my son could have a half brother or sister coming.  All I see coming is either A-just a rumor or B-a whole lot of issues that I don't even want to think about right now.

Just because I'd like to know what you would do in my shoes here's a poll...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Knowing if baby dady is a sex offender would be a piece if info I'd like to have. So yes.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I would treat it as a rumor and ignore it..if and when it presents itself as fact then you can act accordingly...if he goes to jail for this then you wont have any trouble getting full custody...if it is a lie then your life can go on as usual

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM

BUMP!

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask so I could prepare properly for my child.

melschlegs
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You have the right to know whether or not the father of your child is a pedophile.

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would def want to know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM
How old are you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)