Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to lower his child support.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 326 Replies
5 moms liked this
X got married and has a new baby on the way. He has paid 400/per kid/per month for 2 years now. He is saying now that he is having a fourth kid that it needs figured into the child support as well. Therefore each of my kids should get $100 less, so that all 4 get an equal $300/month. Umm, hello you live with the other child, you don't have to pay support for it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

BUMP!

cLanief
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this
Sucks for him but that's not how cs works
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
3 moms liked this

in most states it is based on a % of income, regardless of how many kids he had after yours

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this
I dont think he should either.

He should have thought about his financial responsibilities before making ANOTHER child with another women.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

While I agree that his CS shouldn't be changed with the addition of the new child with his new partner, I just wanted to point out that your last statement is wrong.  He is paying to support the new child, hence why he feels his CS obligation should be adjusted, LOL.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Not how it works, it's basically first come, first serve. Your children will not be effected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

No the statement was correct.  He doesn't need to pay support for that child whom he will live with.  However, he does need to support that child.  = )

Quoting randi1978:

While I agree that his CS shouldn't be changed with the addition of the new child with his new partner, I just wanted to point out that your last statement is wrong.  He is paying to support the new child, hence why he feels his CS obligation should be adjusted, LOL.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

He is still paying money for that child regardless.  So, yes, he is paying "support" in the sense.  Not like what you're thinking, but still support all the same.  He is working to provide for that child as well as the other children he's fathered. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No the statement was correct.  He doesn't need to pay support for that child whom he will live with.  However, he does need to support that child.  = )

Quoting randi1978:

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM
5 moms liked this
Depending on the state they do take the number of children into account, Indiana does. My DH has 3 with the ex and 2 with me and our 2lowered the support for those 3. but now we only pay cs on 2because. the last one born isn't his but she still sees him and calls him dad. we didn't find out she wasn't his till she was 6 and her bio dad stepped forward. and explained he cheated with DHs ex and the kid was his. ex admitted she knew and had to pay back 3 years of cs.
wymama610
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM
32 moms liked this

Sad. Men can never move on and make a life, but women can go on and have as many kids as they want. Such a double standard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN