Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Outside toys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

We have chalk, toy trucks, bubbles, hula hoops, mini golf, frisbee's, and are saving up for a big wooden swing set for this summer.

Some how with all this DD seems to get bored quickly, even though she loves being outside. I know its because her sister isn't old enough to play with her, and we live in a little subdivision where my two DD's are the only children right now.

So can you ladies think of any fun games to play as a family? Or some other outside toy/game for her?

I've run out of ideas/games for what we do have already.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a place in the back where I don't care if they dig. My ds has the beginnings of a "survival bunker" dug. Or it's a pool for gnomes, or just a place to make mud pies.  In the front, we like to play catch. especially with a baseball game playing on the radio. In the evenings when dh is home, we all 4 play catch together. Even my 12 yr old too-cool-to-hang-with-my-family daughter plays catch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We rent or I'd let her go dig a bunker too! I like that even your older child plays too!

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I have a place in the back where I don't care if they dig. My ds has the beginnings of a "survival bunker" dug. Or it's a pool for gnomes, or just a place to make mud pies.  In the front, we like to play catch. especially with a baseball game playing on the radio. In the evenings when dh is home, we all 4 play catch together. Even my 12 yr old too-cool-to-hang-with-my-family daughter plays catch.

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Any toy can be an outside toy, depending on weather.  Just remember to bring them back inside when you're done.  We've had a picnic with an old towel and several stuffed animals, built block towers, raked leaves (with a toy and a real rake), ran toy cars down the basment door (it's one of those slanty ones), and even read outside for the sheer novelty when spring finally sprung.  We also have a couple of big magnifying glasses we got at the dollar store so our kids could look at leaves up close.

meaganmac
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sandbox! My kids can spend hours in there. They also love their little pool and playing in the sprinkler.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The magnifying glass would be really neat! She loves bugs, just so long as she isn't trying to burn ants. lol

Quoting Rhodin:

Any toy can be an outside toy, depending on weather.  Just remember to bring them back inside when you're done.  We've had a picnic with an old towel and several stuffed animals, built block towers, raked leaves (with a toy and a real rake), ran toy cars down the basment door (it's one of those slanty ones), and even read outside for the sheer novelty when spring finally sprung.  We also have a couple of big magnifying glasses we got at the dollar store so our kids could look at leaves up close.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Stomp rockets are good for hours of entertainment.

I suggest planning lots of family outings during the summer! We usually spend all summer at the pool. =D

robyann
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM

get one of those totes that slide under the bed, fill it with water and get some water toys, or even barbies, on rainy days you can fill the tote with rice, try treasure hunts, hide some small toys or candy around the yard, kind of like an easter egg hunt, another thing for the tote would be sand, then just put the lid on when the play is done. 

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
We have a sand table and a water table. A playhouse and slide... For my DS the sprinkler is plenty to keep him occupied... Even when it is 50 degrees.... Then we come in for a warm bath! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cryssi_renee
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

My kids are the same way. We are trying to sell our house so we don't want to put a swing set in. Thankfully today was warm enough to put the sprinkler out. They spent an hour running through it today. 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM

We have a basketball hoop only, so no idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN