Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OVER STEP MUCH???!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

so i live at home with mom for now until i get a new job and i hate hate hate it!! tonight my dd who is 3 deiced to throw her dinner in trash because my mother was getting herself some ice cream!! so i told my dd that she needs to go to bed for throwing her dinner away and because she threw a tantrum!! so she comes back to the kitchen because she has to pee and she needed to inform me while screaming at the top of her lungs and my mother comes stomping out her room acting a fool undermining everything i just said then she proceeds to give the dd some of her ice cream i just hate when people come in and try to parent just be the damn grandparent my mom is on my nerves i need strength praying a job comes thru because with my first 2 checks im hauling me and my dd across town where she wont want to come visit!!! its to the point where my dd doesn't even listen to me only her sometimes she calls my mom mommy it aggravates me im just so ready to leave!!! cant wait!!

do any of you young moms live at home?? how do you like it??

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, I couldn't do it.

My mother is my best friend.. but we can NOT live together.. ::shudders::

Unfortunately, because you live with her, and she's semi supporting you.. You've got to kind of suck it up for now :-/

I promise you'll really appreciate her when you leave though!

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Your mom is probably sick of your child screaming and throwing a fit. While yes its annoying that she oversteps her bounds. You live in her house and you and your kid are getting on her nerves I'm sure. Why didn't you stop the child before she threw it away? you could have told her finish your dinner then maybe you can have ice cream. She is only 3.

mawith2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I had a similar problem when my mother lost her house and briefly moved in with me. Constantly undermining me in front of the boys favoring one boy over the other attempting to spoil them. I ended up telling her that she needed to find somewhere else to be. She was always to lax on us growing up and I'm more strict. She is actually offended that I don't parent like her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You live with your mom you kind of have to deal with the ' co parenting ' until you get out of there. Yeah it sucks but maybe try to be less bullheaded it was only ice cream. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Ugh, I feel for you. I hope a job comes your way. It's tough living with other people.

I don't live with my Mom, but she lives with us. It's driving everyone nuts. I love my Mom, but we *cannot* live together...I know how you feel. She oversteps her boundaries every single day. My dd is 2 and she is always trying to parent her, it's extremely frustrating. We fight a lot, and I am so hoping she'll get her own place soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM
oh no she is semi supporting me now i gave up my place that i got approved for because she lost her job and i had a full time job where i have been paying all the bills here since i came back home i just recently got a cut in my hours she just thinks its her house her rules but i will be good soon enough!! im working and going to school!! she just takes her frustrations out on me
Quoting KristenFowles:

Unfortunately, because you live with her, and she's semi supporting you.. You've got to kind of suck it up for now :-/

victoriangavin
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Yep I live with my dad and step mom for now but when it comes to parenting we agree on everything....... Me and my step mom do anyway lol....... I actually am fine with it. Because I am here i get to finish college and always get a trusted second opinion when it comes to my son :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I wish you the best of luck! I know it's not easy.. Especially moving BACK out..

Quoting Anonymous:

oh no she is semi supporting me now i gave up my place that i got approved for because she lost her job and i had a full time job where i have been paying all the bills here since i came back home i just recently got a cut in my hours she just thinks its her house her rules but i will be good soon enough!! im working and going to school!! she just takes her frustrations out on me
Quoting KristenFowles:

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM
my child does not always scream and throw fits!! i live in her house and i pay to live here i dont live for free trust she just thinks!! there was no finishing dinner it was the last slice of pizza and she threw it away im not going to fix her anything when she begged for pizza and threw it away!!
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Your mom is probably sick of your child screaming and throwing a fit. While yes its annoying that she oversteps her bounds. You live in her house and you and your kid are getting on her nerves I'm sure. Why didn't you stop the child before she threw it away? you could have told her finish your dinner then maybe you can have ice cream. She is only 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I lived with my mom for a very short time. It sucked. Won't ever happen again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)