Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did your newborn have a nursery?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
With my dd I didn't have a nursery set up for her at all when she was born. She slept in a bassinet in the living room with me because I was struggling financially. She didn't have her own room or anything until she was a year old.

I'm pregnant with #2 now, and am feeling kind of bummed this one won't have a nursery set up when he's born either. He'll be here the month before our lease is up and we're in a 2 bedroom house now so we'll be moving.

DH keeps saying it's ridiculous to go all out on a newborns room when the baby will be with us most the time anyway. I suppose he's right, but I just feel disappointed. I wanted the matching furniture, bed set, decorations...all that jazz, but oh well, not quite yet.

Did you have a whole room set up for your baby when you came home from the hospital?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Both girls have/had a nursery. Lexi is 3m and still hasn't used hers yet tho. Dd1 didn't use her room until 9m.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I haven't set hers up yet, but she will have one before she arrives :) just waiting for my current roommate to move out so we can paint and decorate!
Anonymous
I did but he never used it... He is 18 months, and still sleeps in a bed next to our. The new baby wont have one this time...
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
All my babies had their very own room. Not all decorated and magazine worthy. But crib, dresser etc. it was pointless though. They didn't go to their own rooms for like a year. My youngest turned 1 today an still sleeps either with me or in her play pen in my room.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM

baby 1 did.  baby 2 didn't because she was very early and we weren't quite ready. i can't remember if baby 3 did or not, but i think so.  baby 4 did not...she slept in our room while we were building a bigger house.  baby 5 does have a room, but it's not decorated and he's sleeping with us and has never even been in his room.  i might be pregnant now and poor baby 6 will have to bunk in with one of the other kids, so it won't have a dedicated nursery.

HLmom89
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Yes my kids had one too.
My middle son didnt sleep in his til he was 5months old a little over 5months.

This baby too will have one
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM

My son never had a nursery. He is seven and still shares a room with me.

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Yup.
He has a nursery. Never uses it though unless hes getting dressed or his diaper changed
cryssi_renee
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I did but my kids both slept in my room until they were at least 6 months. They did take naps in their room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)