Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update!!! All doctors are ****ing stupid! Need advice!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
Not really, but I need opinions!

I had my 39 week 5 day appointment today. -2 station, 50% effaced, dilated to a 2.

I want very much for this baby to come on her own, I want her to be ready, I DO NOT want to be induced or have a c-section unless its an emergency. But unless baby girl is here by my appointment next Thursday, my doctor will schedule my induction for the 27th or 28th, and I'll only be 41.0 or 41.1!

This is my first baby and I know they take longer most of the time anyway and also by using an alternative method for EDD calculations, I really don't think I'm due until the 25th anyway!

I told her I wanted to wait until later, until the next weekend to induce because I want to give baby a chance to come on her own and she told me NO! And why not? BECAUSE SHE'S NOT WORKING THAT NEXT WEEKEND. UGH.

So I have to do something I'm uncomfortable with because she's going out of town, despite the fact that I could go into labor right now and STILL not be garunteed to have my doctor deliver my baby!

Maybe I should still tell her no, and that if she's not here by that next weekend and I HAVE to induce, to schedule me with someone else.

Maybe she will just come on her own before the appointment, or before the scheduled induction.

So do you think I'm over reacting? I need some advice, hardcore on this, because I don't believe in induction unless seriously necssisary.

UPDATE!!!
Thanks so much for all of your advice! I have decided to refuse the induction. My DH is with me 100%, which is great. A doctor is a doctor and they have to follow my birth plan no matter if its my doctor or the on-call doctor. Needless to say, I will NOT be using this doctor next time around.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:02 AM
What method did you use for due date and and what method did your doc use?
luvmymonkeys27
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I tend to follow a doctor's advice-- if there's a good, medical reason backing the advice. "I'm going to be out of town" when there are other doctors who could help you when you went into labour would not be a good enough reason for me to induce. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
If all doctors are stupid, I hope you didn't think Cafemom was full of geniuses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I'm sorry I can't remember what they are called. My doctor used the standard one, based on 28 day cycles and I used the one where you take into account the differing length of your cycle. My cycle for 6 months before I got pregnant was 33 days. According to the standard method, 28 day cycles and LMP, due date is April 20th. according to my method, 33 day cycles and LMP, EDD is April 25th.

Quoting Anonymous:

What method did you use for due date and and what method did your doc use?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I don't really think all doctors are stupid, and I know CM moms won't come in here unless they think there is drama lol. I needed non medical opinions on her reasonings for scheduling that early. "I'm going on Vacation" isn't a medical reason.

Quoting Litlmama87:

If all doctors are stupid, I hope you didn't think Cafemom was full of geniuses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:09 AM
That's how I feel. That going on vacation isn't a legit reason for inducing.

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Personally, I tend to follow a doctor's advice-- if there's a good, medical reason backing the advice. "I'm going to be out of town" when there are other doctors who could help you when you went into labour would not be a good enough reason for me to induce. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I'm going out of town is far from a legitimate medical reason

She doesn't have to be there for your birth, you can always have the on call there

If you're ok with that I would tell her no you won't be having the induction. She can't force you. However, if she doesn't deliver she can't charge you for it, so don't be surprised if she starts trying to use scare tactics as well.
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I would wait. My friends doc let heat go 2 weeks. Shehated it, but had a happy healthy baby girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
needadvice1983
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

So don't show up. You DO NOT HAVE TO BE INDUCED! She may schedule it but that doesn't mean you have to show up. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Refuse. Someone will be there to deliver your baby.

Induction sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't really think all doctors are stupid, and I know CM moms won't come in here unless they think there is drama lol. I needed non medical opinions on her reasonings for scheduling that early. "I'm going on Vacation" isn't a medical reason.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)