Update!!! All doctors are ****ing stupid! Need advice!
I had my 39 week 5 day appointment today. -2 station, 50% effaced, dilated to a 2.
I want very much for this baby to come on her own, I want her to be ready, I DO NOT want to be induced or have a c-section unless its an emergency. But unless baby girl is here by my appointment next Thursday, my doctor will schedule my induction for the 27th or 28th, and I'll only be 41.0 or 41.1!
This is my first baby and I know they take longer most of the time anyway and also by using an alternative method for EDD calculations, I really don't think I'm due until the 25th anyway!
I told her I wanted to wait until later, until the next weekend to induce because I want to give baby a chance to come on her own and she told me NO! And why not? BECAUSE SHE'S NOT WORKING THAT NEXT WEEKEND. UGH.
So I have to do something I'm uncomfortable with because she's going out of town, despite the fact that I could go into labor right now and STILL not be garunteed to have my doctor deliver my baby!
Maybe I should still tell her no, and that if she's not here by that next weekend and I HAVE to induce, to schedule me with someone else.
Maybe she will just come on her own before the appointment, or before the scheduled induction.
So do you think I'm over reacting? I need some advice, hardcore on this, because I don't believe in induction unless seriously necssisary.
Thanks so much for all of your advice! I have decided to refuse the induction. My DH is with me 100%, which is great. A doctor is a doctor and they have to follow my birth plan no matter if its my doctor or the on-call doctor. Needless to say, I will NOT be using this doctor next time around.