Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sea world

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 67 Replies
Are you against or for seaworld ? .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Weird question. Why would someone be for or against it? What's the controversy? The captive animals?

Anyways I'm neutral lol I think it's a cool place. I have been once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:58 AM
I am a member of Sea Shepherd. I am against Sea World. Wild animals should not be used to entertain people.
ikeepfaith
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Why thing is those animals suffer if you knew the reason why here it is .
.Orcas has pods witch are there family . But in order for seaworld to get that killer whale they take it away from there family and basically lock them up and make then do tricks for food . And seaworld can't even have their trainers in the water anymore due to the animals biting or acting as there name killer whales and killing trainers . Basically there in a fish tank and in artifical seawater what makes their life span lesser and makes them depressed .

Quoting 504bbymami:

Weird question. Why would someone be for or against it? What's the controversy? The captive animals?

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:02 AM

idk. Ive been to seaworld and it was a shit ton of fun though. I think animals in captivity generally live longer than wild ones? My dog seems so to be happy so in the event they are PROPERLY cared for (which is more than providing food) it is probably ok. Idk about aniamls that big and space so small though. Something to think about.

ikeepfaith
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Same here I do not believe that seaworld is using the animals so kids can learn they are using them for their own benefit

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a member of Sea Shepherd. I am against Sea World. Wild animals should not be used to entertain people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM
They're using them to make money. It's really sad. They have to get used to eating dead fish. They get so depressed they are given antidepressants. Have you seen the movie The Cove?

Quoting ikeepfaith:

Same here I do not believe that seaworld is using the animals so kids can learn they are using them for their own benefit

Quoting Anonymous:

ikeepfaith
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:08 AM
No that's place is hell for the animals .
Yes dogs cats and few animals are ok to be domesticated they were ment to be that's why their natural habitat is outside or indoors . But killer whales no a killer whale can live up to 95 years in the ocean but at seaworld some die at 25 and others have died earlier but has been publically disclosed. And no that place is not what you think yea they treats and hand fed but have you seen how many shows they have to do or have you see how they slip up the familys of the pods or have you seen the swim in their fish tanks they are not fish they belong in the sea

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

idk. Ive been to seaworld and it was a shit ton of fun though. I think animals in captivity generally live longer than wild ones? My dog seems so to be happy so in the event they are PROPERLY cared for (which is more than providing food) it is probably ok. Idk about aniamls that big and space so small though. Something to think about.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Whoa that is a whole lot of grammatical and sleeping errors lol. Might wanna use spell check or something if you have a hard time with that stuff because people here will chew you up and spit you out over it. You'll never get a point across because some people don't have the ability to look past spelling errors. Smh

Anyways, idk. From what I always understood, sea world takes very good care of their animals and keep them happy and healthy. I don't really see how it's any different than a zoo though.

Quoting ikeepfaith:

Why thing is those animals suffer if you knew the reason why here it is .

.Orcas has pods witch are there family . But in order for seaworld to get that killer whale they take it away from there family and basically lock them up and make then do tricks for food . And seaworld can't even have their trainers in the water anymore due to the animals biting or acting as there name killer whales and killing trainers . Basically there in a fish tank and in artifical seawater what makes their life span lesser and makes them depressed .

Quoting 504bbymami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Did you just watch a documentary or something? Lol

Quoting ikeepfaith:

No that's place is hell for the animals .

Yes dogs cats and few animals are ok to be domesticated they were ment to be that's why their natural habitat is outside or indoors . But killer whales no a killer whale can live up to 95 years in the ocean but at seaworld some die at 25 and others have died earlier but has been publically disclosed. And no that place is not what you think yea they treats and hand fed but have you seen how many shows they have to do or have you see how they slip up the familys of the pods or have you seen the swim in their fish tanks they are not fish they belong in the sea

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikeepfaith
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Yes also they are given vitamins in their dead fish to help fight off papoloma virus and many others i Iloved the cove watch black fish it just came out on fil festival

Quoting Anonymous:

They're using them to make money. It's really sad. They have to get used to eating dead fish. They get so depressed they are given antidepressants. Have you seen the movie The Cove?

Quoting ikeepfaith:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN