Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Are you against or for seaworld ? .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Replies (61-67):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Why do you find that hard to believe?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a member of Sea Shepherd. I am against Sea World. Wild animals should not be used to entertain people.

Suuuuuure you are. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I'm not sure.  I've never been to NY. There is a Sea Shepherd chapter on NY.  You can check them out on FB and ask.  I'm sure one of the members would know.

Quoting ilana_ny:

Any in NY?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do help pay for it. One of my jobs is to fun raise to save the oceans. Everyone I work with does it for free. In Sea Shepherd we have only a few paid employees all others are volunteers. Check out The Marine Mammal Center. They treat ill and orphaned and return them to the sea. And guess what? Admission is FREE! So you can go there and learn about the animals and donate to help if you want and they are not being forced to do tricks! Sea World is ran by a greedy corporation and won't even publicly say that what goes on in Taiji is wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I'm against. The pressure to perform several times per day, and the captive environment, and the chemicals used to clean the water are just too much for these animals
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I used to work at sea world San Diego, it was a lot of fun.

Also, from what I heard about that trainer that was killed, he was told to not get in the tank with the orca because she had her baby with her. He had his head up his ass and went in anyway because she was gentle with him. Yeah, didn't work out in his favor.

That's what I heard about it. It was a sucky job, but a lot of fun. I worked in the games section.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Well this is an interesting turn of events!!

http://digitaljournal.com/article/348462

AdoptingMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Ill be going to Seaworld, Aquatica & Bush Gardens in 2 weeks also to Magic Kingdom, Islands of Adventure & Animal kingdom:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Ugh... PETA makes me want to eat a steak just because they are so obnoxious. Like anything else it is one thing to speak out and inform and it is another to shove info and views down a persons throat. Bleh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well this is an interesting turn of events!!

http://digitaljournal.com/article/348462

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)