Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SUSPECT IS CORNERED****Reporters heard shots fired*****NEW UPDATES*** UPDATE 5*** 1 Boston bomber dead, the other is being hunted down in MA

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:35 AM
  • 618 Replies
Its on The Today show right now.

UPDATE: the suspects are brothers, had a fire fight with the police and ended up 1 dead and the other on the run. They do have their names but are not releasing them. Robbed a store, killed a police officer, stole a car, threw explosives at the cops chasing them, had a fire fight and now 1 dead the other on the run.
EDITED: a source said the brother that died got out of the car strapped with explosions when he was gunned down. Also, said the other brother drove over his body when he kept driving.

UPDATE 2: Live feed saying everyone needs to
gtfo near the kids apartment. (I have a feeling something is about to go down) Cambridge area, Norfolk street.

Gov Patrick says ALL of Boston should now shelter in place, lock doors, do not come out.

They're afraid he has bombs strapped to
himself and may go down in a suicide
bomb..according to what I'm watching this fear they just learned about may be what prompted the shelter in place.

UPDATE 3: Weapons drawn in Watertown. Reporters told to get back and get down. They may have found an associate of the younger bomber.

Reporters told they were in the line of fire.

Police say there is another person they need to talk to. Gov and Mayor being briefed at the moment. More police activity down the street. Said it is not the suspect number 2.

Uncle called the brothers "losers". Says his familt is "ashamed".

SWAT entering a building.

UPDATE 4: Continuing to gather information, remain inside with doors locked. Still running all leads, progressing through neighborhood. Still a major crime scene.
Progressing still with door to door search,
about 60% complete, no new apprehension.
This afternoon there will be a controlled
explosion in a house in Cambridge before they
search the premesis. Several new leads developed in the last few minutes.

****** This afternoon there will be a controlled explosion.

***this guy doesn't seem to fit the description of a terrorist. According to friends of his, he was a popular student with lots of friends. Was very caring and sweet. Had a promising future.***

UPDATE 5: father believes his sons were set up by police. Said whoever did the boston bombing are bastards. Just glad his sons made it out ok. Claims he spoke to his elder son and told his younger son to go back to school.

UPDATE 6: Reporters heard gun fire of what was described as assult Rifles. A ton of police movements. This happened right after they said the town was cleared.

Ambulance was seen going extremely fast with all lights on towards where yhe shots were fired.

CNN has just stated they have him cornered. Throwing gas at him to either come out or make him pass out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daph2387
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Daph2387
Bump
Daph2387
Bump
Daph2387
Bump
Daph2387
Bump
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I just now saw this. Is it true that he shot at people at MIT?
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:38 AM
It's crazy! I can't take the train to work because it's been shut down for the manhunt. MIT officer dead. So scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daph2387
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM
They only mentioned that for a sec, but I haven't heard anything since. But I think so.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

I just now saw this. Is it true that he shot at people at MIT?
Daph2387
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Yea it's crazy.

Quoting owl0210:

It's crazy! I can't take the train to work because it's been shut down for the manhunt. MIT officer dead. So scary.
Daph2387
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)