Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My mother is or has already ruined my marriage!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

My husband and I tried to tell my mother the other day that my dad has been getting a little too close with a couple of women his age who work with him. He knows a lot of personal information about them that i dont think a married man of almost 30 years should know about another woman. the thought of my dad having an affair on my mother, who has a lot of medical problems and is handicapped, upsets me very badly. I don't believe in cheating regardless. If you want someone else, I think that you should move on and then persue someone else if that is what you really want. Anyways, ever since we told her about this, she has been saying lies, completely twisting the truth, just anything that she can do to make me and my husband fight. I mean she won't let up. she is sincerely trying to break me and my husband up. She is accusing me of flirting with other people people behind my husbands back. She is saying that I am constantly complaining and bitching about him behind his back to her(which I dont do. I use to talk to her about my problems a long time ago, but she tried causing problems because of it. So I dont talk to her about things with my marriage anymore.). Yesterday, she caused a massive fight between the two of us. He doesnt even want me to be around him anymore, and he said he thinks that we should look into divorce. I am devastated and crying my eyes out. We have had a few really rough spots in the past year, and have been working soooo hard to be happy and make things work and become stronger. She ripped it all to pieces. I dont know what to do. I just want him to hold me because she alone, besides all of this, has had me in constant tears lately, and I am sooo stressed out. By the way.....she admitted to trying to rip me and my husband apart and then told me that I should never mention about my dad possibly cheating on her..that he would absolutley never even think of it, But now it feels like she just won't stop until the papaers are signed. The worst part about it is. While my husband and I were getting closer, she was so depressed she wouldnt quit crying. Now that we are headed for a divorce....I don't think I have ever seen her more happy since before I started dating as a teenager. Sorry this is so long. I just have no one to talk to and I am so upset. Ladies..... any input you have is appreciated. comfort or advice is welcomed. I feel so alone.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
That's to jumbled to read from my iPod...sorry & tell her to STFU
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Doesn't your husband understand the whole situation or do you think he is looking for an easy way out? If I were you I'd work on my marriage and cut your mom out of your life. Don't let her guilt you into putting up with that. You have your own family to work on. I think it's ridiculous of your husband to accept her at her word and fight with you over it.

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
7 moms liked this
Why are you both still talking to her if you know she is trying to rip you apart? Cut her out and work on your marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Why don't you just stay away from your mom?

chalisa0
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this

First off, stay out of her marriage.  It is none of your business-it is between them only.  Just like you want her to stay out of yours.  Second, a marriage does not fall apart from meddling mothers.  The problem lies with you as a couple.  You need marriage counseling/intervention now.  Call and make an appointment today.  Then stay away from.mom for awhile.  You have a reciprocally toxic relationship.  Address that in counseling too.  Good luck.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That really sucks..  But, I feel like if you have a strong marriage.. something someone on the outside says can't shatter it..

There's more going on than just your mother..

:(

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
You didn't have to tell your mom what your father was doing. I know more than I should about a few people in my life but it doesn't mean I'm cheating on my dh. Your mom sounds like she's mad at you for trying to ruin her marriage for telling on your dad that she thinks its okay to ruin your marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM

That is hard as hell to read.

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Cut off your Mom, and work on your marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I take care of my mom for a living. It is literally like half our income. That's why we are still putting up with it. And he knows the situation but my mother is really good and doing cruel things and sounding good intentioned.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured