Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about 20 minutes from Boston (10 from watertown) and he is NOT going to scare me!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm an emergency Personal response associate, so no matter what, I need to be at work. He is not going to scare me, I AM A BOSTONIAN. He is a scared little kid who doesn't know what to do next. and a COWARD. They set bombs at a marathon, the time that people were crossing at were the ones who were running for charity. CHARITY. My friend was running in the race for the MDSA (MA down syndrome association), her normal time to cross the line is about 4 hours... luckily she got hurt at mile 22. Her husband and sister were at the finish line waiting for her though. Luckily they got different seats, because their seats were right near where the bomb went off. (also, luckily her MIL was sitting with the kids at mile 20ish)

As fearless as I am right now, I am happy that my son is at daycare about an hour away from Boston, so I am confident that he is ok, but this man is not going to keep me from doing my duty of keeping elderly and disabled citizens safe. He is not going to keep me from driving home at 5pm either. Or from driving into work at 5am till 5pm. After I type this, I will be going on my daily lunch walk.

I AM FROM BOSTON, PROUD OF MY FREEDOM, And proud to be here. Don't mess with Boston. We don't take kindly to terrorists... Although, in order to be a terrorist, you have to instill terror upon people, and on Monday, more people ran towards the blasts to help others. I am PROUD to call Boston my city!!!

Please feel free to share your thoughts, etc.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
whooperz
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm from Boston too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zacksmama82411
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Stay safe mama!!! Hopefully they'll catch him soon, but in the meantime, my pocketknive stays in my hands while walking lol

Quoting whooperz:

I'm from Boston too!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Good for you? Stay safe.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Stay safe and keep your head held up high!

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

We are Boston, and always proud mama :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I think we must keep living. Although respect the police and in the areas they say to, Stay In!
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Good for you!!..and damn right! *hugs*

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured