Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your daughter play on this team?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Dh coaches an U14 (under 14) girls soccer team with his friend. Neither of them have a child on the team. The friend doesn't have any kids at all and our kids are 5 and 3.

Would it worry having these men around your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
No, if they can coach than who cares.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM

No. Why?

Do people care about having their girls in a class at school taught by a man with no kids?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
So far they're 5-1 the best in the league! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

No, if they can coach than who cares.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I'm confused. Why would I worry? Not every man is a sexual deviant.
evolove
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Nope! Some adults just loved the and growing up and want to teach. It's like someone running a daycare who doesn't have kids of their own. Same thing. As long as they know what they're doing and the kids have fun who cares?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Someone mentioned it was kinda creepy. I just wanted to see if anyone else felt this way or of it was just this person.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Why?

Do people care about having their girls in a class at school taught by a man with no kids?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Why do some of you think men are automatic pedophiles?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Wait what? My dd plays club soccer and her coach has no child on the team... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Not really. I mean there's certain things that would red flag for me, such as team sleep overs, excluding parents from get togethers or discouraging parents from involvement. But if those things aren't going on, then no I wouldnt really worry. There ARE some great guys who love kids and want to be a positive aspect in kids lives but don't have any children of their own. I had a friend like that, now he's about to become daddy to #2, but before he was married or a dad, he volunteered with kids and I trusted him completely with my dd. I'll use caution with my kids, but won't allow the few bad ones to cause my children to miss out on some wonderful people.
NorthStar09
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Not really. If they were trying to get kids alone or behaved strangely, I'd keep her away regardless of if the coach had kids or not. Pedophiles get married and have kids all the time.

But at least in my DDs soccer teams, the coaches were never alone with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)