Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got into a strangers van at the store. what would you have done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
I went to the store.
parked next to a purple van.

i spent 2 hours in the store doing grocery shopping, house hold supply shopping, and shopping for dds birthday.

as i was loading it into my drunk i saw what i thought was a doll in the car seat of the van. i didnt think much of it. therd were other toys in there and my dd frequently puts a doll in her brothers car seat when hes not in it.

but then i saw it move. for a minute i thought it was my imagination. but it opened its eyes and cried.

i didnt know what else to do so i dialed 911.

i explained to the operator and she told me check if the van was locked. it wasnt. so i took the baby out of the seat and held it till the police got there.

the baby was burning up. poor thing was dehydrated and had to go to the hospital.

the officer took my statement and i stuck around for awhile.

they went in to try to find the parents or whoever drove the van and no one came forward.

sadly this isnt a rare thing in our town.. i just dont understand why anyone would leave their baby alone in a vehicle. and an unlocked when at that.

poor baby. its story, muggy and humid out today. and that baby was in there atleast for 2 hours i was in the store, plus however long before then...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2009
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done the same thing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg...people are so fucking stupid. I'm glad you called 911 and saved that poor baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I'm glad you were there and called the cops. I would have done the same thing. Poor baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I was at walmart a few weeks ago and this couple had locked their keys in the car with their baby in the back seat.

i dont know if its just the high stupidity level here in indiana or if people are just that stupid.

Quoting Devious333:

Omg...people are so fucking stupid. I'm glad you called 911 and saved that poor baby!

mygirls53
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Same as you and if the door wasnt unlocked id find something to break a window. Poor baby I hate stupid ass lazy parents!
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Stupid ass parents. I hope that mother feels the worst fear of her life when she comes out and sees cops next to her van.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM
This dumb client of mine locked her keys in her car with her FOUR year old in the car. That child could have easily unlocked the door for the mother but she chose to have another client bust her window with a brick. Ugh.
sadiebug1228
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM
My neighbor accidentally locked her keys in the car with her infant son in his carseat. It was 100+ that day. And she was freaking out. She called 911 and I broke the window to get to him while they were on the way. He was in there all of 10 minutes but it was still scary she was hysterically crying the while time. The baby was fine but I had to get a few stitches on my arm by my elbow.

Don't ever put a baby in the car and close the doors before knowing where the keys r! Ever since then I always open my door and then put the kids in so I always know I have a way in

Quoting Anonymous:

I was at walmart a few weeks ago and this couple had locked their keys in the car with their baby in the back seat.

i dont know if its just the high stupidity level here in indiana or if people are just that stupid.

Quoting Devious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

You did the right thing. God bless you for doing it. I would have done the same. We had a baby die that way a couple of years ago here in our town. It's such a  senseless, needless tragedy. You are no doubt that baby's guardian angel.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Oh my god. How terrible. Thank goodness they didn't come out while you were holding the baby! That would have been scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)