Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

where did i go wrong?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

my son got in trouble at school the other day so he got his phone taken away(hes 17) i knew he had a gf who was on the female water polo team, when his phone kept going off i looked at it, none of it was from his gf, all of it was from a girl nick named Greaver....with a not to flattering picture of a girl with racoon eyes bright red hair and her celvage showing....anyway all the texts were "i liked "hanging out" with you yesterday" "everything ok?" "babe?" "heloooooooo" these were over the course of an hour....his gf hasnt texted him once....plorbably because she knows he doesnt have his phone but whatever...idk what to do....i now know my sons cheating on his gf.....i want to say something to his gf.......UGH

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
It sucks, but you can't control him once he's that old, but you can punish him.

Ask him if he's cheating, and tell him to either tell the gf or you will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting audreesmama:

It sucks, but you can't control him once he's that old, but you can punish him.

Ask him if he's cheating, and tell him to either tell the gf or you will.

i feel so bad for her......i was cheated on by his father when he was a few months old i know how badly it hurts....

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I would say do what my mom did when my brother was an ass like that, she didn't go out of her way to tell the gf, but if asked she had no problem telling her the truth. She looked at it like it was his life (in that area) but she did not have to help him lie about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM

bump

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I would have a nice conversation w him about how to treat girls...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I would have a nice conversation w him about how to treat girls...

he grew up knowing how to treat women, i wasnt going to let him be like his father and he is anyway.....its frustrating 

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

This is a tough one..

You can't make these choices for him.. These are life lessons in which he can only live and learn..  He's only 17 - Boys do this. 

I don't think YOU went wrong anywhere.. He's growing up.. figuring himself out.. Deciding what he wants..

You can have a conversation with him about it, see where he is coming from.  Try to explain how hurtful this could be to his girlfriend.. But he's got to decide from there. 

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I wouldn't be that involved in my son's relationship. Unless I knew he was being physically abusive to her, him cheating on her is none of my business. I wouldn't tell her, I'd just make sure to brush up on our safe sex talk.

Bawyada
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I would talk to him about it, explain that playing with others emotions is dangerous and rude.  He'll get mad that you looked but too bad, if he didn't do somthing to deserve being punished you wouldn't have had the phone in the first place.  This is an important parenting opportunity, explain that it is fine to be single and date multiple people, but if he has promised monogamy to someone ask him if he wants to be the type of man who can't be trusted? If he doesn't want to be in a relationship, get out of it (kindly and clearly) before you move on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN