Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He read my FB messages....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

And wants to kick our computer repair guy's ass now.

Repair guy is looking for a new house and posts on FB such, I gave him the number for a property management office that has tons of properties for rent.

About an hour later he messages me telling me how sexy I am, and how he wants to take me out and how he'd snatch me up if I was single. I told him I was very happy in my marriage, and I appreciated the compliment, but it made me uncomfortable to have had him in my house fixing Dh's computer with all of us home and have him behaving like this behind DH's back now.

Well I have nothing to hide and leave my FB signed in almost always. DH seen it and would love to kick his ass, but he isn't. Instead he's lost our business and the business of all our married friends that we had referred to him.

Has anyone else dealt with unwanted advances? And how did your SO/DH handle it?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Yes I have. And I just stated I'm married, and sorry he isn't. Please don't contact me anymore. Dh doesn't care bc he knows I won't do anything and he's not worried about them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Yup I have dealt with several from my ex. My so knows me so we just laugh it off. But we both have talked to him about his conduct towards me and how it needs to stop. 

arwalters
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Dh has read my fb msges also and twice found some guy addressing me inappropriately. both times I delete the person from my fb but didn't think to delete the msg. dh got very angry and ruined my day both times. I hate the way he acts about it and that he got on my fb behind my back specifically to look for something like that (what he told me) so I changed my password and log out every time now

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

That makes me sad. DH and I had a relationship like that. It was really bad, but we took time apart and got back together and did the love dare and now things are so great between us. It might be something to look into to help with you and your DH. Trust is a major factor in any marriage and him searching for something like that just shows he doesn't trust you for whatever reason.

Quoting arwalters:

Dh has read my fb msges also and twice found some guy addressing me inappropriately. both times I delete the person from my fb but didn't think to delete the msg. dh got very angry and ruined my day both times. I hate the way he acts about it and that he got on my fb behind my back specifically to look for something like that (what he told me) so I changed my password and log out every time now

Arabellas_Mommy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My SOs 'best friend' tried asking me for a bj when SO and I first started dating. I told SO right away. SO told his 'friend' that if he ever talked to me in that sort of manner again he would break his jaw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Yes, I always say no thanks im happy in my marriage and want noone but hubby. He find it funny and laughs it off. He know I would never act on someone's advances because we are ahppy . He thinks its great people find his wife attractive enough to try and steal me away. I feel the same way but when the people hit on us after we say we are happily married I find it disrespectful. When men hit on dh (he gets hit on my cross dressers and drag queens at work) no matter how many time I always find it funny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arwalters
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I completely agree, I can't stand how insecure he is. we've tried marriage counseling twice and the first time we ended up seperating 6 mos, he did get better when we got back together, read the bible a lot and was ready to make things work but not long later he went back to his old ways. the last marriage counselor he actually got into a huge fight with. he is such an awesome person but the insecurity shows up in anger makes everyone miserable. we actually watched the movie that was based on the love dare together. I've tried reading a few marriage books with him but he doesn't put in much effort and I end up feeling like he will never change. I actually keep thinking I should do the love dare. I'll give it a shot. Honestly the only reason he is mellow these days is b/c I made him see a dr and he is now on medication. so am I, though, I get bad anxiety. but I feel like I'm constantly walking on eggshells if another man is ever around or dares to have a conversation with me. He will blow up. it sucks. so I pretty much stay isolated to mommy groups and playdates. It makes me sad because I really am such a trustworthy person and if he could just let go give me that benefit of the doubt it would really build strength in our marriage. but 'nuff said cuz I'm probably going to start crying if I go on. He really is a good person, takes care of me and is an amazing father. He loves me very very much.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

That makes me sad. DH and I had a relationship like that. It was really bad, but we took time apart and got back together and did the love dare and now things are so great between us. It might be something to look into to help with you and your DH. Trust is a major factor in any marriage and him searching for something like that just shows he doesn't trust you for whatever reason.

Quoting arwalters:

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Yes, especially at work. DH lets me handle it unless the guy gets persistant or I ask him to handle it for me. He trusts me.

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yes my best friends husband but I could not tell her. He kept at it and I told my husband finally after many threats he stopped after we said we would tell her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured