Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband just called me and told me this story.

"I helped one of my Carry Out customers out to her car, she had her 2 year old son with her and her 18 mo niece. I offered to help buckle in one of the kids, she had the 2 year old in a booster and the 18 mo just sitting on the seat."

Seriously?! That's insane! Our 3.5 year old is still in a 5 point harness and our almost 2 year old is still rear-facing. If this woman got into an accident, both of these children would either die or be in critical condition.

How old are your kids and what type of car seats are they in?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Older two, 5 & 6 are in boosters

My 17 month old RFs in a Britax Marathon

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

-JC-
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Almost four and in a five point harness. He'll be there until he reaches the height/weight. SS is six and high back booster. (Not my choice.)

CathyPowell
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! At least put both in boosters...sheesh.

My kids are 5 and 6 in booster seats. It's the law here.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
My older two are in boosters and my youngest is in an infant seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My youngest will be 4 in June and still rear facing. My 7 year old is in a parkway sgl booster and 11 year old just recently got out of his booster.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My son just turned 7, he is in a high back booster and will stay there for quite a while, he still has tons of growing room. The 5 year old I watch is in a 5-point harness, the 2.5 year old I watch just got turned forward facing about a month ago and the 7 month old is, of course, rear facing.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 19 Rear facing-in my husbands car he is in a Myride65 (he has been in that seat since he was a week old) and in my car he is in a Headwise70 also rear facing.  The MR65 limit is 35 pounds rear facing and the HW70 is 45.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM

One of my daughters classmates has their 10 year old sit in the back and the 3 year old in the front w/o a booster or anything.  It is very sad

abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM

He was helping a busy Mom into her car, she could've easily refused his offer. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are 9 and 12, and my husband has never been that involved in other peoples business.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

4.5yo is in a high back booster until we get a new car. Her 5pt harness just does not fit.

9.5 mo is still rear facing and will be until at least 18 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)