Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband just called me and told me this story.

"I helped one of my Carry Out customers out to her car, she had her 2 year old son with her and her 18 mo niece. I offered to help buckle in one of the kids, she had the 2 year old in a booster and the 18 mo just sitting on the seat."

Seriously?! That's insane! Our 3.5 year old is still in a 5 point harness and our almost 2 year old is still rear-facing. If this woman got into an accident, both of these children would either die or be in critical condition.

How old are your kids and what type of car seats are they in?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Stepson is 6 and in a HBB.

Step daughter (Middle) will be 5 next month and rear facing/forward facing (depending on the day and car) in an Alpha Elite 65.

DD is 3 and RFing full time in a MySize70. (Yes, I know the locking clip was in the wrong position when this was taken. It's fixed now.)

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My kids are 2 & 1, and in FF 5-point harness seats. When they outgrow these seats they'll get the 5-point seats with the higher backs. THEN boosters.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

only my youngest is in a carseat, well a booster seat she is 6.

gwebkeijmmm
1 mom liked this

My 7 and six year old kids are in boosters and will be for at least 2 more years. My 3 year old is in a 5 point harness, though he is forward facing now. 

elephantmamaof2
1 mom liked this

Dd is 3.5 and in a 5 point. Ds is 5 and just switched to a booster.

Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Oh yes, she will be harnessed till she outgrows it.  She will outgrow it height wise before weight wise.  Luckily the nautilus is a taller shell seat.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

I'm glad she is ok!  My DD will remain harnessed until 65 pounds.  YES, I will be that crazy carseat mom :)

Quoting Kellileanne:

When my 5yr old (6 in November) was 3 we were in a very bad rollover accident--her nautilus saved her life, she only had a tiny scratch on her hand.  She is still 5pt harnessed and will be till atleast 6.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

My DD is five (six in May) she is in a 5-point harnessed Graco Nautilus

My DS is 19 months, rear-facing in a Britax Marathon Classic

:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

call the cops?  yeah. SURE.  they would be right on that!

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My 6 yr. old is in a ffing 5 pt. harness and my 4 month old is in a rfing infant seat. My 12 yr. old has been out of his booster for a few years now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joshsgirl12
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is 2 she is ff in a 5 point harness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabrielsmommy04
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

my son is 2 and in a front facing car seat approiapte for his age. pediatrican approved him being front facing and the car seat was purchased new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)