Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay this is REALLY Embarrasing.. What is this? What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Okay this is so embarrasing that I have to go Anonymous for this. I don't ever really go Anonymous. For the past month or so I have had what is best described as 'laughing spells'. It will usually be when DH says something really funny and it's not just a laugh or two.. it's a full on laughter for like 1-2 minutes if not longer. I haven't ever timed it actually. I have also noticed it is at times when my DH is trying to get intimate with me.. not in the act itself but like any foreplay or when we're teasing each other about everyday stuff, some sexual some not. This is getting in the way of intimacy sometimes. Oddly enough, this always happens in private.. when me and DH are together. Now sometimes I will think something is hysterical and have a good laugh.. at a joke or something else appropriate in public. I looked it up and it said that 'laughing spells' could be a sign of bi-polar but I don't think I have any other symptoms. I also looked up sexual performance anxiety.. and sexual intimacy anxiety.. and I don't think I have either of these. What do you think this is? Is this normal? Am I going Crazy? Whom would I see to talk about something like this? Would you worry about something like this if your DH noticed something like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM
so...you laugh at funny stuff?
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

no idea.... sorry!

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Sounds to me like you may be stressed out and just need the laughs. No big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Can you ever laugh too much? This is a problem that I would like to have.

arwalters
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I would discuss it with your dr, could be a form of anxiety

Vamp
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

OMG if you heard me laugh...I mean when I'm really cracked up..I can't stop...and I'm LOUD

jesistar6910
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM

No, no. See she laughs at things that are funny. Just a slight distinction.

OP - go see a doctor, yo.

Quoting Anonymous:

so...you laugh at funny stuff?

phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
i bray like a donkey.

then i snort.

i'm an all around class act.

*sigh*

Quoting Vamp:

OMG if you heard me laugh...I mean when I'm really cracked up..I can't stop...and I'm LOUD

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I never thought about this. Maybe it's because I'm more stressed than I think.
Quoting smurfbitebug:

Sounds to me like you may be stressed out and just need the laughs. No big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I saw a commercial about this a little bit ago. It can be a neurological condition where you have unexplained bouts of laughing or crying. Go see your doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)