Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you ever had a small older dog pass away

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Did you notice the became shaky before the died. My chihuahua is ten. Not terribly old. She is okay eating drinking. Running. But last two weeks extra shaky and nervous?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We had a chihuahua, but he didn't die until he was 16. He was always shaky and nervous, but the few weeks before we had him put down he started pooping and peeing on himself. It was so sad. We had him since he was born, and my mom was completely attatched.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Oh my I'm very sorry. :( ThAnks for your input makes feel better my chi isn't going potty on herself. Just super shaky.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

We had a chihuahua, but he didn't die until he was 16. He was always shaky and nervous, but the few weeks before we had him put down he started pooping and peeing on himself. It was so sad. We had him since he was born, and my mom was completely attatched.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Eh, it was 8 years ago so I am over it now. But I was sad at the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my I'm very sorry. :( ThAnks for your input makes feel better my chi isn't going potty on herself. Just super shaky.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Hypoglycemia.  Even if they've been solid little dogs through their youth, old age can make it rear up.

Feed her more often, tempting stuff she'll go for; bits of meat or a couple spponfuls of wet food in her bowl.  Give her snacks.  They make this stuff called Nutrical, you can get it at Petsmart, etc, fo r puppies.... works for older dogs too.

Mine is eleven, and I have owned him for a year. 

Katt709
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM
My dog was a toy rat terrier. He was 12 when he died last October. Before he died he lost the ability to control his bladder and bowel movements. He was shaky when walking and stopped eating. We were talking of putting him down when he died on his own. I hope your pup is ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I'm sorry about your pup. I thiink my dog is just being a stupid quirky little dog. I hope so. Thanks for the postive thoughts

Quoting Katt709:

My dog was a toy rat terrier. He was 12 when he died last October. Before he died he lost the ability to control his bladder and bowel movements. He was shaky when walking and stopped eating. We were talking of putting him down when he died on his own. I hope your pup is ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)