Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

have you ever used diet pills? opinions?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I know they aren't good for you and blah blah. You can save all that. That's not what I'm asking. I want to know people's experiences with them. What did you take? Did they work? 

THE TEN MOST EFFECTIVE DIET PILLS

Mar 29, 2011 | ByBrian Willett
The Ten Most Effective Diet Pills
Photo Credit Gunay Mutlu/Photodisc/Getty Images

Although nearly every diet pill will claim it is the best, not all weight loss supplements are as effective as manufacturers would like you to believe. Despite the fact that most diet pills offer the same or similar ingredients -- stimulants such as caffeine and herbal ingredients such as green tea extract are common -- the effectiveness of individual products depend on dosing and complete ingredient formulas. Before using a diet pill, you should carefully research and read reviews. In addition, consult your doctor before using any supplements or beginning a weight loss plan.

CELLUCOR D4 THERMAL SHOCK

Cellucor D4 Thermal Shock is a diet pill that was nominated as one of the best fat loss products in the 2010 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards. This product contains a number of stimulants such as caffeine and yohimbine, which may be effective in suppressing your appetite and stimulating your metabolism.

SLIMQUICK EXTREME

SlimQuick Extreme is a weight loss supplement designed specifically for women. The official website for SlimQuick explains that this product has two types of yohimbine, in addition to green tea extract and hoodia. The website also suggests that the liquid gel pills may provide a quicker release of ingredients than other pill types.

APIDEXIN

Apidexin is the most effective diet pill available, according to supplement review website DietPills.org. This ephedra-free supplement contains eight patented ingredients that may produce significant weight loss when combined with diet and exercise. This diet pill has a money-back guarantee.

NUTREX LIPO 6

Nutrex Lipo 6 is another supplement that was nominated as one of the best fat loss supplements in the 2010 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards. This diet pill contains common ingredients such as caffeine and yohimbine, but also contains less common ingredients such as guggulsterones. The online supplement resource NutriLine explains that guggulsterones may promote weight loss by stimulating your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolic rate.

PHENPHEDRINE

Phenphedrine is another diet pill that DietPills.org claims is one of the most effective weight loss supplements available. The website explains that Phenphedrine is quick-acting and effective, although there have been some concerns about the safety of some Phenphedrine ingredients. DietPills.org notes that rumors suggest this supplement contains trace amounts of prescription drugs Oxycodone and Phentermine. However, the website claims its research has not found these drugs to be present in Phenphedrine.

BIOTEST HOT ROX

According to the fitness website BodybuildingForYou.com, Biotest Hot Rox is among the most effective diet pills, with caffeine, guggulsterones and a number of other ingredients that may stimulate your metabolism.

ALLI

The Alli diet pill is a weight loss supplement that contains orlistat, an ingredient scientifically proven to promote weight loss. The U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health explain that orlistat -- the main ingredient in Alli --promotes weight loss by interfering with your body's absorption of fat. Because fat is calorie dense, not absorbing its calories can help create the caloric deficit necessary for fat loss.

ZANTREX 3

Zantrex 3 is a top-rated diet pill, according to BodybuildingForYou.com. It is intended to be taken as part of a diet and exercise program. The prominent ingredient in this supplement is caffeine, although other ingredients such as ginseng and green tea extract are also included.

MUSCLETECH HYDROXYCUT HARDCORE X

Among the top-rated diet and weight loss supplements in the 2010 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards is MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore X. This supplement contains stimulants such as caffeine, in addition to amino acids, which may aid in muscle building.

LIPOREXALL

Liporexall is the best diet pill for women, according to DietPills.org. This supplement contains 10 patented weight loss ingredients -- each of which may provide weight loss, explains DietPills.org.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/295617-the-ten-most-effective-diet-pills/#ixzz2Qwws6Kqb
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

BUMP!

MammaPaparazza
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I did phenteramine and then something that began with an "m" meridia is bouncing to me... And the black / red package OTC,,,, don't remember it's name.
Only phen worked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I took alli for 6 months. Lost 80lbs. I took it with diet and exercise. ZERO treatment effects. It helped me change my diet because I was terrified of treatment effects. It helped me loose an extra 2lbs per week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

I did phenteramine and then something that began with an "m" meridia is bouncing to me... And the black / red package OTC,,,, don't remember it's name.
Only phen worked

Is the phenteramine still legal/FDA approved? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Ajanee12:

I took alli for 6 months. Lost 80lbs. I took it with diet and exercise. ZERO treatment effects. It helped me change my diet because I was terrified of treatment effects. It helped me loose an extra 2lbs per week.

Lol. That's kind of funny. I would be terrified too! The side effect is only if you eat too much fat, right?

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I took them once before-It affected my mood so much that I discontinued them. However, I have lost 47 lbs since, so guess I didn't need them afterall ;)

LovelyMommy24
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Nope. Bump!
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Correct. But 15grams of fat per meal is actually a lot so it wasn't hard to stick too :) I found substitutes for all my cravings until my tastebuds changed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ajanee12:

Lol. That's kind of funny. I would be terrified too! The side effect is only if you eat too much fat, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting zomgkerrie:

I took them once before-It affected my mood so much that I discontinued them. However, I have lost 47 lbs since, so guess I didn't need them afterall ;)

Do you remember what you were taking?

MammaPaparazza
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Oh yeah! My friend is on it now, you can't phen phen but you can get one of them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Only phen worked

Is the phenteramine still legal/FDA approved? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)