Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I announced to my family on Facebook that I was getting married and now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

..my family is already mad at me!

I made a Facebook event telling everyone that my SO and I were finally tying the knot this summer (three months to be exact) and that we would love to have all of our friends and family over that weekend to celebrate. We'll be having huge backyard BBQ, with fireworks (it will be in july), games, drinks, music, etc.

The thing is, we have been engaged for over 3 years now so they knew we were eventually getting married- and to top it off, we're just getting married at the courthouse.

Considering that none of them ever bother to talk to me, call me, ask me how my kids are, comment on their photos- nothing, why would I feel the need to call each and every one of them separately to tell them something they most likely dont even care about? Not to mention my own mother has my SO blocked on Facebook. Give me a damn break.

My brother is upset and wants me to call to tell our parents myself so they "dont have to find out this way". My Dad never showed any care or love towards me in my entire life and that is NOT an exaggeration. I cant even remember the last time I talked to him or even seen him and he lives in the same town I do. My Mom burned me terribly in the past spreading hurtful lies in return for pity parties, and thats putting it nicely. I have tried EVERYTHING to be accepted in my parents eyes, but it was always a one sided relationship that turned into backstabbing (mother) or being ignored (father). My own sister begged me to "give up" on my mother and stop trying to have a picture perfect relationship with her. I finally have even though it hurts.

I feel like I cant win with my family.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM
3 moms liked this

You don't owe them shit, let your toxic family be mad. They're lucky you even have them on your FB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM

..I dont even think I have my Dads number now that I think about it.

Shygirl951
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't worry about them hun, go about your life and be happy with your new husband. Misery loves company, don't give them the satisfaction
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

There are some situations where you can't win, no matter what you do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Don't worry about whether or not they are mad. Congratulations.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Oh, when they started relying on Facebook and facebook ONLY to get a hold of me, I deleted all of them off of my friendslist that way they had to call me. A total shit storm erupted.. that was about 2 years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't owe them shit, let your toxic family be mad. They're lucky you even have them on your FB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Thank you to all above..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would seriously consider doing it again, let the shit storm come. They're really bad people, it's time for them to go. They shouldn't get to use FB to privately check up on you while having no contact in real life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, when they started relying on Facebook and facebook ONLY to get a hold of me, I deleted all of them off of my friendslist that way they had to call me. A total shit storm erupted.. that was about 2 years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Amandatoo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM

None of Our Family was at My Wedding, we got married at the Courthouse. Your Family sounds pretty messed up, if I were you I would take your Sisters Advice and leave them alone. My Parents are Supportive however my DH's Family Sucks! I feel for you, its Hard, I know this from watching my Husband. Our Son was Stillborn in 2003 at Full Term and my Mom had to call his Mom and BEG her to come to the Hospital because her Son NEEDED her Support while we got to meet and say Goodbye to our Son all in the Same Day. From the Sounds of it your Life im Sure is so much better without them in it.

Congrats on setting the Date!!! :) I wish you and your Soon to be DH the absolute Best!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting Amandatoo:

None of Our Family was at My Wedding, we got married at the Courthouse. Your Family sounds pretty messed up, if I were you I would take your Sisters Advice and leave them alone. My Parents are Supportive however my DH's Family Sucks! I feel for you, its Hard, I know this from watching my Husband. Our Son was Stillborn in 2003 at Full Term and my Mom had to call his Mom and BEG her to come to the Hospital because her Son NEEDED her Support while we got to meet and say Goodbye to our Son all in the Same Day. From the Sounds of it your Life im Sure is so much better without them in it.

Congrats on setting the Date!!! :) I wish you and your Soon to be DH the absolute Best!!!

Yeah, my sister is one of the ones who are upset on how I told everyone. I dont bother to try and have relationships with them anymore. I used to, but it literally drained me emotionally and made me more depressed to continue being rejected. Im so much happier now- I wish they would just be happy for me for once, you know?

And thank you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN