Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did You Lose Interest In Partying Once You Had Kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

My sister is 30 years old and she has 3 kids.

A 15 year old, a 13 year old and a 10 year old.

She got divorced 3 years ago and ever since then has spent every single weekend parting.

All weekend long, all she does is party and drink.

Her kids are either with their dad or my brother lives there and he watches them in exchange for not having to pay my sister rent.

I am 28 and I have a niece who is 3 years younger than me. She has a 2 year old and I have a 4 year old. We were talking about my sister and talking about how partying/drinking/bar hopping just wasn't fun anymore once we had kids.

My niece was upset because my sister had told her *Oh if you had a babysitter you know you'd be out doing the same thing as me* (Which is funny because she does have a babysitter anytime she needs one)

My niece is like..Um no. My idea of fun and relaxation is going to a spa, not a bar.

I'm the same way. Sure it's nice to get away from the kids sometimes..but my idea of adult fun is not a bar. It's a spa or maybe a movie or something. I have gone out exactly ONCE in 4 years, when my son was a few months old. It just wasn't fun like it used to be.

Anyone else feel the same?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I was never into partying. I hate the bar scene.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM

to each their own.

i can have just as much fun going to the spa as i do going out for drinks and partying.

ETA; i have 2 kids and i am 39

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

i lost interest in partying before i had kids..and i was 20 when ds was born

BookMama3
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I never partied, even before kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I lost interest in it probably a year or so before I had kids, lol.

princeessville
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Id rather have a cookout or bonfire
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I never had an interest in partying.  I'm a total introvert.  

SWasson
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Nope, I lost interest when I got a real job. That was LONG before I became a mother.

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM

YES!  I'm 34.  DH and I met when I was 20.  We done the club scene every weekend when we dated, then it was maybe twice a month after marriage.  Then, we had kids.  

Last year was the first time since having kids (oldest is 9) that we went to a bar.  We went to dinner and were supposed to do a movie.  Well, at the restaurant, his coworker was there and said when they were done they were meeting at this bar to celebrate his birthday.  It was him, his GF, 2 more coworkers and their spouses.  So, we joined them.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it.  But, to think of all the money we wasted in the past!  Damn!  LOL...

We've mentioned doing it again, we'll see.  But no, we definitely don't make a habit out of it.

StrangeDays
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM
At this point, my idea of fun is being left the fuck alone.

I was never really into partying. My husband and I do go out for drinks (typically at a bar) roughly a few times every 4 months. Otherwise, we shoot for a date night, or stay home and enjoy the non-threatening silence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)