Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you threaten someones job over this??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you threaten someone's job over this?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe. why or why not

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I'm in insurance and was calling a gentleman earlier in the week who had 3 over do policies. His roommate answers, who is also listed on the policy, and said he would tell him when he got home. I told him what three polices they were and went on my merry way. I called again later in the week and left a voicemail leaving the same information. He called today and said if I did it again he would tell my boss, I'm pretty sure he is going to anyways because he is pissed he has late fees. Would you threaten someone's job over that? I mean I understand his side, but how was I supposed to know his roommate wasn't supposed to know? I would assume you would trust someone who is on the same policy as you. Why couldn't he have just said would you please not disclose information to my roommate next time.....I'm just praying I don't lose my job : (
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxypuppy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
5 moms liked this
Privacy laws. Learn them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
3 moms liked this

how are you in insurance if you don't know the law. Yes you can lose your job. It is illegal to give out any information to anyone other than the policy holder.  That goes with any type of policy. I couldn't even get info on stuff that is just in my husband name because I am not the policy holder, ect... In order for the loan company on our car to talk to me my husband had to send a letter giving them  permission to speak me same thing with a loan he had at the bank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

The problem is, you have already disclosed the information so asking you not to do it next time wouldn't really work. I am not sure what information you gave exactly but if someone in your position gave out information about me that I didn't want someone to have, you better believe I would be talking to their boss about it.

KGreen75
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Life insurance policies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Why would you do that? Do you understand privacy laws?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

THIS you have no one to blame but yourself,

Quoting jaxypuppy:

Privacy laws. Learn them.

JLS2388
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Depending on the information. Either way I wouldn't be happy that  you gave out any information but if it was something I wanted to keep private I certainly would go to your boss. If it was something I didn't care about the other person finding out, I probably wouldn't waste my time calling your boss.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm sure somewhere in your training confidentiality and unnecessary disclosure were discussed. you're not even to discuss it with a known spouse if they're not named on the policy, and I'm not talking about as beneficiary.  it was irresponsible and unprofessional of you to discuss any financial dealings with someone who wasn't a direct party to the terms.  and frankly if you were announcing my personal financial business to someone who wasn't me, then yes I would most certainly be calling your supervisor to (1) let them know how disappointed I am that my business was conducted in such a manner, and (2) to let them know where to transfer the policy.  what your boss did to you at that point is not my concern.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

how are you in insurance if you don't know the law. Yes you can lose your job. It is illegal to give out any information to anyone other than the policy holder.  That goes with any type of policy. I couldn't even get info on stuff that is just in my husband name because I am not the policy holder, ect... In order for the loan company on our car to talk to me my husband had to send a letter giving them  permission to speak me same thing with a loan he had at the bank.

I've been in it a month so I'm still kind of figuring things out....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM

do the guy and the roommate own the policy together or is the roommate the beneficiary on the policy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)