Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you threaten someones job over this??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you threaten someone's job over this?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe. why or why not

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I'm in insurance and was calling a gentleman earlier in the week who had 3 over do policies. His roommate answers, who is also listed on the policy, and said he would tell him when he got home. I told him what three polices they were and went on my merry way. I called again later in the week and left a voicemail leaving the same information. He called today and said if I did it again he would tell my boss, I'm pretty sure he is going to anyways because he is pissed he has late fees. Would you threaten someone's job over that? I mean I understand his side, but how was I supposed to know his roommate wasn't supposed to know? I would assume you would trust someone who is on the same policy as you. Why couldn't he have just said would you please not disclose information to my roommate next time.....I'm just praying I don't lose my job : (
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Hmm. That sounds creepy.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM

If his roommate is on the policy than regardless of who he tells he can't get you fired over it.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Β do the guy and the roommateΒ own the policy together or is the roommate the beneficiary on the policy?

They have policies together. I guess his roommate just wasn't on all of them...I know I'm at fault. It was just a misunderstanding on my end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm. That sounds creepy.

?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Sorry, my mind got side tracked. I was wondering if the guy had taken out life insurance policies and that's why he didn't want the roommate to know about them. That's what I thought sounded creepy. As far as your job, no I wouldn't threaten your job. It's Friday, I am not thinking straight, lol. I didn't mean to be so vague in my original response.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm. That sounds creepy.

?

Pnukey
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM

If you violated my privacy, then yes, I'd threaten your job, however, if his roommate is on the policy, it's reasonable to assume he's allowed to know stuff. IDK what the policy actually says though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh lol and no it had nothing to do with a lie insurance policy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

do the guy and the roommate own the policy together or is the roommate the beneficiary on the policy?

They have policies together. I guess his roommate just wasn't on all of them...I know I'm at fault. It was just a misunderstanding on my end.

On the policies they share, then your okay. the ones that he was not one however.....but now you know to be more vigilant in looking at them before you call. it was simple human error. If it was me, I don't think it would bother me.

Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM

You not only left private information with a room mate, you left it on voice mail.

It was disrespectful, regardless if he's overdue and completely unprofessional.

I'm not sure you'll lose your job unless this is common practice for you, or if you'll simply get off on a warning from your boss.

Never assume you're allowed to give out personal information. Right now, you're a liability for the company you work for.

I'd work overtime to correct this.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I work in insurance and can speak openly about a policy to anyone listed on the policy. Is that the same rule your employer has? I'm sure they wouldve told you you couldn't if not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN