Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you threaten someones job over this??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you threaten someone's job over this?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe. why or why not

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I'm in insurance and was calling a gentleman earlier in the week who had 3 over do policies. His roommate answers, who is also listed on the policy, and said he would tell him when he got home. I told him what three polices they were and went on my merry way. I called again later in the week and left a voicemail leaving the same information. He called today and said if I did it again he would tell my boss, I'm pretty sure he is going to anyways because he is pissed he has late fees. Would you threaten someone's job over that? I mean I understand his side, but how was I supposed to know his roommate wasn't supposed to know? I would assume you would trust someone who is on the same policy as you. Why couldn't he have just said would you please not disclose information to my roommate next time.....I'm just praying I don't lose my job : (
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quoting Lizardannie1966:

You not only left private information with a room mate, you left it on voice mail.

It was disrespectful, regardless if he's overdue and completely unprofessional.

I'm not sure you'll lose your job unless this is common practice for you, or if you'll simply get off on a warning from your boss.

Never assume you're allowed to give out personal information. Right now, you're a liability for the company you work for.

I'd work overtime to correct this.

I said word for word what I'm supposed to say on a voicemail unless there name isn't stated...
Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM

You aren't allowed to share debt information with anyone other than the debtor.  You aren't even supposed to leave that info on an answering machine.  All you are allowed to say is that you'd like to speak to them about a policy.  Didn't your employer give you training on privacy laws?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I would've call your employer not you and made a complaint. Privacy laws and twice in the same week. Get some training.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I'm sure you signed a form the DAY you started your job about privacy laws.
You knew the roommate wasn't the party you were looking for and wasn't the person paying on the plans...so why would you give him any information other than who you were, what company and the number to call back.

This just common knowledge and logic....I mean would you want someone giving out YOUR info to just whoever answered your phone?

Say you're on your parents insurance...so their names are on the card as well as your's...would your want your doctor giving your MOM your test results if she answered the phone?? Hell no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Quoting MrsRobinson06:

I work in insurance and can speak openly about a policy to anyone listed on the policy. Is that the same rule your employer has? I'm sure they wouldve told you you couldn't if not.

Yes, ours is the same way. That's one of the reasons I was so confused when he was upset.
Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

You not only left private information with a room mate, you left it on voice mail.

It was disrespectful, regardless if he's overdue and completely unprofessional.

I'm not sure you'll lose your job unless this is common practice for you, or if you'll simply get off on a warning from your boss.

Never assume you're allowed to give out personal information. Right now, you're a liability for the company you work for.

I'd work overtime to correct this.

I said word for word what I'm supposed to say on a voicemail unless there name isn't stated...

However, is what you're supposed to say going to infringe on a policy holder's privacy?

Were this me, I'd definitely be proactive in finding out to help cover my butt but to also know for the future and going forward with calls to customers.

Do you really think this man is only upset because he owes the money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure you signed a form the DAY you started your job about privacy laws. You knew the roommate wasn't the party you were looking for and wasn't the person paying on the plans...so why would you give him any information other than who you were, what company and the number to call back.This just common knowledge and logic....I mean would you want someone giving out YOUR info to just whoever answered your phone?

Say you're on your parents insurance...so their names are on the card as well as your's...would your want your doctor giving your MOM your test results if she answered the phone?? Hell no

To be completely honest I haven't signed a thing and yes I would assume they would give the information... But that's just me I guess.
gypsy.mom
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM

If you disclosed private information then yes I would. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I know he's not just upset because of the money. That was just fuel to the fire. But yes I will be amending what I say from now on.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Yes I would. A few years ago my husband got a pay day loan (yes I know it was stupid) anyways he gave them my information because they asked for the spouse's info but I didn't go as Co signer or anything. I was simply there because we are married. He also put down my mom as a reference. Well we fell behind on the payment and the girl called him. He explained our situation and got an extention. Then someone else called him and he lost his phone so they called me and left a vm with details of his loan. They said when the payment was due and how much was due and they were very demanding. I called and said I would have him call them but please don't give out information like that on voice mail. Then my mom calls me and tells me that a girl called her and talked to her about his loan. She said that since my mom was a reference then they needed to contact her and tell her. That's when I lost my cool and I went to the office. I showed the manager the voice mall and then I told them that after I said I wasn't comfortable with vm details she still talked about it to someone who was only a reference. Idk if the girl got fired or transferred but I do know I never saw her again. The law is very clear on this. You can't just blab your mouth on voicemail or to anyone else. Only person you can talk to is the policy or loan holder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)