Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do you hate America?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How has this country personally affected your life to make you.hate it? Just curious
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (71-75):
0Kit0
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Are you serious?

Do we really REQUIRE terrorist attacks and large scale tragedies tobget people on a large scale to behave humanely? That's no everyday situation. So wow we care for awhile while the media blowws it all up then back to "me and mine" mentality. If you think I made it up, what of Hurricane Katrina victims? Have you seen the devastation lately? Where is all of the concern? And Sandy?

Yes it's nice that people get together for these things but it doesn't carry over into day to day situations.

Quoting autodidact:

Then why did so many people run TOWARD chaos to help others on monday? 

Quoting 0Kit0:

Lost it's values. No family structure. Greedy. People don't matter just the bottom line.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM

yes, I'm serious. 

no, we don't require it, it happens every day in big and small ways that never make the news. 

Quoting 0Kit0:

Are you serious?

Do we really REQUIRE terrorist attacks and large scale tragedies tobget people on a large scale to behave humanely? That's no everyday situation. So wow we care for awhile while the media blowws it all up then back to "me and mine" mentality. If you think I made it up, what of Hurricane Katrina victims? Have you seen the devastation lately? Where is all of the concern? And Sandy?

Yes it's nice that people get together for these things but it doesn't carry over into day to day situations.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting 0Kit0:

Lost it's values. No family structure. Greedy. People don't matter just the bottom line.

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I don't.

0Kit0
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Sometimes but you skip where I'm speaking as a whole. Of course there are some good people in the country but that is not representative if the country in it's entirety. The country steadily declines in many areas. Getting back to the basics would help.

Quoting autodidact:

yes, I'm serious. 

no, we don't require it, it happens every day in big and small ways that never make the news. 

Quoting 0Kit0:

Are you serious?

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting 0Kit0:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM
God has not stepped in....yet. Its not Gods doing...its man. This is what the Bible says....I don't really follow the Bible.

Quoting NorthStar09:

Same question I asked trollcat: why did God decide to give you this amount freedom, while others have none, while still others ahve more than we do?

Variety? Indecision? Is god ADHD or something?

Why would he assign freedom to people based on the political lines drawn by men?

Why does San Diego have X amount of freedom, and Tijuana 5 miles away have Y amount? Why do people in Bellingham, WA have fewer rights and comparatively less freedom than people in White Rock, BC? Because of a line in the sand and a spite fence?

Does god just like some countries more than others? Didn't he say all men were equal in his eyes? Why would he create men as equals and then totally deny some freedom, while giving excessive amounts of it to others? Just based on the place in which they happen to have been born?

*and just how much did you choose to live here? I get that immigrants sometimes choose to live here, but statistically most Americans are just born here, and many immigrants are brought here by their parents rather than out of a conscious choice they made. What about people who can't choose where to live? What about people stuck in North Korea and their government won't let them out? They didn't choose to be born with no freedoms at all, and they can't choose to leave and find it. Does god just really hate them? 

Quoting Seashell77:

In my opinion and I'm sure many others, I do believe God did.  I believe God gave man free will and I chose to live in America, which is free.  Free as compared to some other countries, that are not at all free is what I am getting at. I am super glad to be American and proud of my country.

Quoting NorthStar09:

Did God give that freedom to you?

Quoting thetrollcat:

I thank God for my freedom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN