Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA - Why are so many people my age always partying?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 126 Replies
I'm 19. It makes absolutely zero sense to me. I have no interest in it. I mean, you cm have a good time with friends without drinking. Here's my thoughts on what happens when you drink:

•Alcohol itself is nasty - it's bitter and sometimes burns (I've had a few sips of wine & communion)
•you get buzzed or drunk which causes you to not be able to think clearly
•when drunk, you act like an idiot
•you can't remember (clearly or at all) what happened, so if you did have fun you don't even remember it
•you need to find someone to drive you home
•you run a risk of making choices you wouldn't make sober, such as unprotected hook ups
•you can be drugged much more easily with an alcohol-clouded head
•if you drink too much, you puke, and that HAS to burn coming back up
•you wake up with a killer headache, sick to your stomach and a wickedly dry mouth, aka hung over.

Now, can someone tell me where the fun is in that? I can have an equally good time at a friendly place like Applebees sipping a Mountain Dew every now and again. Or just reading a good book.

I'm posting this because a lot of people tell me I need to be out partying like "normal college kids".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
9 moms liked this

I disagree with you most your age and younger are busy screwing and having kids and trapping their parents into their choices.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
19 isn't legal drinking age in the us anyhow.

I drank a lot when I was 21, but don't drink often or much anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
19 or 90, we all make choices.
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Idk, I've never been drunk. It never appealed to me either.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm 20 and it seems everyone is a partier. I've never been into that stuff. Not in high shcool and not now.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
5 moms liked this

sigh. until you do it you will never understand the appeal some people have. not everyone drinks to get drunk either.

and at your age very few people are mature enough to handle a child.

kaylaybaby666
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Yeah alot of people your age are out having babies or already having their second child
20Keller12
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Well, considering my mom is dead and my father and I are estranged, I don't fit in there either.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I disagree with you most your age and younger are busy screwing and having kids and trapping their parents into their choices.

zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I used to drink before dd never partied though. I was a drunk though. I don't party or drink anymore haven't since I wanted to start ttc. I'm 23 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
5 moms liked this

so now all nineteen year olds are parentless? Isnt this post about most nineteen year olds? Or is this about you?

Quoting 20Keller12:

Well, considering my mom is dead and my father and I are estranged, I don't fit in there either.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)