Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA - Why are so many people my age always partying?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 19. It makes absolutely zero sense to me. I have no interest in it. I mean, you cm have a good time with friends without drinking. Here's my thoughts on what happens when you drink:

•Alcohol itself is nasty - it's bitter and sometimes burns (I've had a few sips of wine & communion)
•you get buzzed or drunk which causes you to not be able to think clearly
•when drunk, you act like an idiot
•you can't remember (clearly or at all) what happened, so if you did have fun you don't even remember it
•you need to find someone to drive you home
•you run a risk of making choices you wouldn't make sober, such as unprotected hook ups
•you can be drugged much more easily with an alcohol-clouded head
•if you drink too much, you puke, and that HAS to burn coming back up
•you wake up with a killer headache, sick to your stomach and a wickedly dry mouth, aka hung over.

Now, can someone tell me where the fun is in that? I can have an equally good time at a friendly place like Applebees sipping a Mountain Dew every now and again. Or just reading a good book.

I'm posting this because a lot of people tell me I need to be out partying like "normal college kids".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Replies (121-126):
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

what you find fun others don't and what they find fun...you may not. Big friggen whoop.

It's no big deal...and you will figure out eventually, that no matter how old you are, even when you're 50, people your age will still be partying :)

alcohol is an aquired taste. Not thinking clearly is fun sometimes:) No...i don't act like an idiot when i am buzzed. I act awesome...and if someone thinks i'm bing an idiot, i really don't care because they're probably no one special anyway. I always remember what happened, because i never get completely shitfaced...i never put myself in a sitution where i have to drink & drive. It's actuwlly easier than you think to avoid...lol...unprotected hookups...lol...were you drunk when you got pregnant? You won't be drugged if you surround yourself with good, trusting people (that one was a far reach...not everyone goes to bars & drinks with strangers)...i'm not that dumb that i get so drunk that i puke and get hungover...

respsonsible drikers don't go through any of what you have listed...

\You sound like a very naive teenager. Maybe you will learn how ridiculous this is when you grow up some more.

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
You can drink without getting drunk.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I like to drink. But in the comfort of my own home. I like to sit at my island with a pina colada and a few friends every so often. I'm 20. I would like to enjoy it while it lasts.
TrentonGirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I'm 22 and I don't party. now when my kids are spending the night with Grammy my husband and I will have some drinks at home and we have been drunk a few times (maybe 2 or 3 times in a couple yrs). Not all alcohol tastes bad. Some tastes sweet like candy. And no matter how much I drink I always remember what I did. And not everyone gets a hang over. I've never had one. And I've only picked once and it doesn't burn coming up. If you know you limit it can be fun. But I won't leave my house if I'm gonna drink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Not even close to the same thing...but keep making excuses its ok. In about 3 years, after never going out with friends to have adult fun, you will have a different mind set. Drinking is not a requirment to have fun, but you truely have no idea what it's like to go to a bar and dance with your friends and get drunk because you haven't done any of that yet and can't. I've been where you are, said the same exact things. Blah alcohol bad, blah as much fun blah blah..totally not true. Is going to chill at Applebee's fun? Sure. But it's not the same type of fun. You will learn that one day, but until then you need to stop trying to pass judgment on things you haven't experienced.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Close enough for me. I hated not being able to think or speak clearly, and needing 3 people to walk down the hall (ended up having someone call 911 when I collapsed), 4 to go down the stairs, was downright humiliating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Klonopin does not = alcohol. Not even related, the effects are not the same either. That's straight up klonopin effects. I've been on it, I would know.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Last fall a doctor gave me a temporary klonopin prescrip to counteract effects of an antidepressant for a couple weeks. She fucked up my dose, so when I took it I couldn't think straight, I was slurring and could hardly walk. And oh boy was the next day miserable. If that's what that does, I really don't want to see what alcohol does.

Quoting Anonymous:

At that age you SHOULD be partying and having fun. Not being a mom and having babies.

With that said, who cares? If you don't like it, don't freaking do it. Get over it. Stop bitching about what others, who have no influence on you, are doing.

And BTW you sound stupid trying to talk about something you haven't done and legally can't even do yet. How would you know how it feels to get drunk or be hung over?
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Exactly..first we get a bad rep for the ones who do have kids and leave them home with whoever,then because those of us who r (or where) teen moms r not right for staying home ,not doing the "typical"teen thing cuz we r responsible parents...oookkkk whatever

Quoting 20Keller12:

TTC atm. But at least I know I'm being a responsible mom before I even conceive.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Ok...well the fact is she has a baby and is young. So now being a young responsible parent is not right??? Please.just go away.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Close enough for me. I hated not being able to think or speak clearly, and needing 3 people to walk down the hall (ended up having someone call 911 when I collapsed), 4 to go down the stairs, was downright humiliating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Klonopin does not = alcohol. Not even related, the effects are not the same either. That's straight up klonopin effects. I've been on it, I would know.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Last fall a doctor gave me a temporary klonopin prescrip to counteract effects of an antidepressant for a couple weeks. She fucked up my dose, so when I took it I couldn't think straight, I was slurring and could hardly walk. And oh boy was the next day miserable. If that's what that does, I really don't want to see what alcohol does.

Quoting Anonymous:

At that age you SHOULD be partying and having fun. Not being a mom and having babies.

With that said, who cares? If you don't like it, don't freaking do it. Get over it. Stop bitching about what others, who have no influence on you, are doing.

And BTW you sound stupid trying to talk about something you haven't done and legally can't even do yet. How would you know how it feels to get drunk or be hung over?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN