Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you assume if you saw this?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 111 Replies
Okay, we have a gas station and small grocery store up the street from our apartment. Sometimes during the day when dh is at work, I put ds in the stroller and we walk to the store. Mostly just because I like walking and ds loves to get out of the house and ride in the stroller. One of my family members said I shouldn't walk down the street with the stroller because it looks like we are poor and have no car, or we are homeless. Um... Wtf? Why drive five minutes up the road when we both enjoy walking and can just get out of the house?

Do you think it's weird to see this? Would you assume the person was poor because they are walking?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
um who cares?

You know you're not homeless...you dont need to prove it to anyone else otherwise
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Bump
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No...we walk to the gas station near us sometimes. It's literally a 5 minute or less walk. And if it's nice out, why not walk...

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Obviously... Just wondering what other people had to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

um who cares?

You know you're not homeless...you dont need to prove it to anyone else otherwise

yperez0209
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

There is nothing weird about what you just describe, I think it's weird that someone would think that you were poor, even if you were so what, because you are pushing a baby in a stroller. 

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM
We love going for walks, and walk to the park often. Have walked to the store too on nice days. I have car. I don't really care what others think.
cowboysgirl3227
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Of course it is not weird.  I would just think that a mom had taken her child out for a walk.  Financial status would have no part of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM
What? We walk all the time. I never thought I looked homeless for it before.
piratehooker
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I hate on people who are walking because I am lazy and don't exercise.
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt...I cant drive but I just assume that they are getting out and about, letting their little one get air...or not even really think about it since I am so used to people assuming about me cause I am puddle jumping with my son and laughing as he splashes me....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)