Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOL sorry WA state

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DH was medically retired a few weeks ago.  we are pretty blessed because we get to keep Tricare prime for our entire family for life (well the kids until they age out)! 

DH applied for unemployment and enrolled in school automatically.  Well unemployment denied him because his training program (AAS track II--chemistry major) isn't one of the approved one.  yet they recognize that his job (artillery) has left him with little to no transferrable skills. 

well, they referred him to worksource for the dislocated workers program and he qualifies because he lost his job due to permenent disability.  Come to find out that because I have been a housewife for 6 year (only required to be so for three) , relied solely on his income during this time, AND he lost his job due to permanent disability within the last two years, I ALSO qualify to recieve assistance from the dislocated worker program.

HAHA WA state!!  you tried to fuck us over even though DH has done the right thing from the get go, and now we got you for double!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Replies (11-15):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Wa is good at that. I love my state, but they don't know their own policies most of the time. DH is also medically retired and we went through the same thing. I didn't qualify for dislocated workers because I had worked at the last base he was on, but he qualified for Voc Rehab as well as dislocated workers. He chose Voc Rehab for graphic design.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

yea.  there are lots of people like that.

just not us.

we live by a 'judge a man by his actions' motto and would hate to be judged poorly cuz we are being societal leeches. 

Quoting audreesmama:

Ah. This bitch and her husband were straight up liars and fucking proud of it. God...makes me sick!!

I'm glad you guys are going to get some assistance :-).

Quoting Anonymous:

he was medically retired at 80% because they herniated 3 of his lower spinal discs.  Took 60% of one, and 45% of the other two in surgery.  They hairlined farcture his spine from top to bottom gave him arthritis all throughout his spine as well.  Oh and nerve damage from the herniated discs compressing the nerves to his leg for too long because they first diagnosed him with a pulled hamstring... for 6 months.  (thanks doc who finally ordered him an MRI).

oh and part of that 80% is for his foot, which he broke in afghanistan, but they refused to examine him properly and he had to walk on it (sometimes carrying 160+ lbs or arty rounds on his body) for 8 months until they redeployed to the rear. 

So no, my DS isn't BSing.  We aren't like that.

and no, we aren't living off of it forever.  Its retraining assistance for dislocated workers....  time limited....

and we are both full time students now because we REFUSE to live off of assistance forever.   

Quoting audreesmama:

So...is it pa? You're going to live on pa and disability forever? Why was he medically retired? I know a dipshit guy who lied about his sleeping disorder and claimed the navy gave it to him even though he had it before and managed to get MR. What a piece of shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

he can do both of them.

did he ever end up getting disability?

Quoting sheramom4:

Wa is good at that. I love my state, but they don't know their own policies most of the time. DH is also medically retired and we went through the same thing. I didn't qualify for dislocated workers because I had worked at the last base he was on, but he qualified for Voc Rehab as well as dislocated workers. He chose Voc Rehab for graphic design.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

he can do both of them.

did he ever end up getting disability?

Quoting sheramom4:

He is 100% with Individual Unemployability and 90% rated in general. They are working on the 100% permanent and total disability now. He is 18 months into Voc Rehab now.

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Congrats :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured